Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

domainZ.com ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

RegFee

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering what everyone's opinions on domain names with a Z substituted for an S, such as AUCTIONZ.com or FORUMZ.com. I know Z is kind of a bad letter to have in a domain name, but amazon does quite well with it.

Thanks

:azt

Jonathan

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Z isn't a bad letter if it's in an actual word.

There is no similarity to Amazon and auctionz. Amazon is a word, auctionz isn't. Substituted letters can work, but usually they look unprofessional, although that it is not always the case.

Gee

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
domains.com worth xxx,xxx $

domainz.com worth high xx$- low xxx$

RegFee

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
gotasale said:
domains.com worth xxx,xxx $

domainz.com worth high xx$- low xxx$

So domainz.us would be worth even less? Would it still be more than reg. fee?

Thanks

Gee

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
azt said:
So domainz.us would be worth even less? Would it still be more than reg. fee?

Thanks

if it is domainz.us i think it may worth alittle above the reg fee

but anything else xxxxxz.us depend on how the good the word is

anyway these kind of domains doesn't worth the effort of registering and reselling unless you want to develop it

DNGeeks

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I run a domain with a z in it, 300 uniques daily, tons of traffic and new signups daily. I recently caught the domain with the s in it. Now that I've got both traffic has increased.

I can only surmise that people hear the name and try the S domain first, then realize/remember it's supposed to be with a Z.

RegFee

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DNGeeks said:
I run a domain with a z in it, 300 uniques daily, tons of traffic and new signups daily. I recently caught the domain with the s in it. Now that I've got both traffic has increased.

I can only surmise that people hear the name and try the S domain first, then realize/remember it's supposed to be with a Z.

Was it DNgeekz.com? :cheesy:
Thanks for the replies. I'm probably going to register is just to give it a shot. It's only $8.88, and I'm sure I can at least get the reg fee back on ebay.

morch

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
azt said:
Thanks for the replies. I'm probably going to register is just to give it a shot. It's only $8.88, and I'm sure I can at least get the reg fee back on ebay.

Sell it here - you will probably get alot more than on ebay ...

azt said:

Also I wouldn't recommend asking on a DNforum if you do get a good idea for a name :) someone might snap it up before you get the chance!

Doug

SearchEngineZ

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ordinarily, if you have to tell someone how to spell it (it's like domains, but with a Z instead of an S), it is not worth as much as one where the spelling is obvious.

But then, consider how successful Orbitz is. If you put the effort into branding, or if the Z designates a bit of extra zip and verve, then it is fine (but only as a .com)

Jeffreyw

Football Club owner
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If the word is so common, and internet related then there would be value on that domain, i think.

Webhozt.com
domainz.com
forumz.com
netz.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom