Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Don't burn bridges in this industry

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was not the best member on another forum and was subsequently banned about two years ago and went radio silent everywhere else for a year or so after (before apologizing to a couple of people in private). Those that I have 'attacked' in the past have long forgiven and forgotten (and even featured some of my auctions on their blogs), but, some still hold grudges and it seems like that is going to be kept in place after several requests to lift the ban. DNF was the first forum I joined, so I suppose I will be participating here more frequently now.

Just goes to show you that you shouldn't burn bridges, in this industry as it's so small, or elsewhere for that matter.

Lesson learned.

Looking to network with forum owners in various niches to see how to drive traffic and develop businesses around them.

Castion

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The sins of the past always visit us in the present.

DNForum.com focuses on domaining. The drama can be had elsewhere, anyone that is here to do business is most welcome. As are you.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Welcome back, to DNForum.com

imo...

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just wish they at least granted access to my inbox. I have private business dealings in there and my computer crashed, so it could serve as record keeping purposes.

Whatever, though. They don't even want to respond to whether they'll allow me back or not, just "don't create unauthorized accounts."

Edit: At the very least, access to that as for having a business account ($10/mo) and donor ($5/mo) for quite some time... I think I'm owed that much, at the very least. I'd be just as angry with DNF if they limited access or didn't zip up my inbox per a simple request after paying what I did for exclusive (above and beyond because I got it through a nice deal with web development).

Castion

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well I turned my back on that site. I contributed so much during the years and got nothing but heartache in return.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well I turned my back on that site. I contributed so much during the years and got nothing but heartache in return.
Off topic, but I was gonna react to this other than like. Are you not running 2.1? I love 2.1!

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Come again?

2.1 of what?
XenForo 2.1 as it's a stable release now (well, they just pushed out 2.1.1 with a few bug fixes). It looks like Addon Flare's paid registrations are 2.1 compatible now too so there shouldn't be any issues unless you're running another addon not yet ported (and this style might not work either).

Castion

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ah I did not see how it related to my last post.. Was it supposed to be in the chat thread?

No we are running 2.0.12 .. We have way way to many addons and developed scripts to follow the upgrade path directly. Have to wait for each addon to be upgraded to new versions first.

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Welcome back amplify

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No we are running 2.0.12 .. We have way way to many addons and developed scripts to follow the upgrade path directly. Have to wait for each addon to be upgraded to new versions first.
Ah ok, yeah, it was way off topic to be here, but I meant to post it here.

I see. I started development of my forum just recently on 2.1 beta in Octoberish I want to say? So everything added to it was compatible from the get-go. Shouldn't be too much longer for you now since 2.1 is stable and with the release of 2.1.1.

Castion

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We are in absolutely no hurry to upgrade. When you have a setup that works, you need a compelling reason to mess with that.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom