Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Don't pump gas on May 15th!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HasRob

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Don't pump gas on May 15th!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MARK IT IN YOUR DAY PLANNER, ON YOUR CALENDAR, IN YOUR CELL PHONE,
ON YOUR LAPTOP or WHEREVER YOU CAN AND WILL BE REMINDED!!!!!
In April 1997, there was a "gas out" conducted nationwide in protest of gas prices.
Gasoline prices dropped 30 cents a gallon overnight.

On May 15th 2007, all Internet users are to not go to a gas station in protest of high gas prices.
Gas is now over $3.00 a gallon in most places.

There are 73,000,000+ American members currently on the Internet network,
and the average car takes about 30 to 50 dollars to fill up.

If all users did not go to the pump on the 15th, it would take $2,292,000,000.00 (that's almost 3 BILLION)
out of the oil companies pockets for just one day, so please do not go to the gas station
on May 15th and lets try to put a dent in the Middle Eastern oil industry for at least one day.

If you agree (which I cant see why you wouldn't) resend this to all your contact list. With it saying,
''Don't pump gas on May 15th"

As a side note, the owner of exxonmobil makes $73,000 a minute in "Profit" That's $73,000 "A MINUTE" every minute of every day. Don't ever buy gas at exxon. If you'll notice, exxon is usually anywhere from 8cents to 18cents higher then the guy across the street. Probably explains his profits.

Email I received, spread it around domainers :eek:k:

Domain Days 2024

GAMEFINEST

PURE SAVAGE
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ok i wont.....

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If all users did not go to the pump on the 15th, it would take $2,292,000,000.00 (that's almost 3 BILLION)
out of the oil companies pockets for just one day, so please do not go to the gas station
on May 15th and lets try to put a dent in the Middle Eastern oil industry for at least one day.

That's assuming everyone fills up every single day.

Second, the price fell 30 cents the next day because there was more supply than demand. Basic economics. It wasn't because the gas companies fell for it and gave consumers a break.

I would love to see the stats on how much the gas prices raised the following days after this "gas out" because of people needing to fill up for not filling up on the 15th.

Buy hey, POWER TO THE PEOPLE!

Johnn

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My office is less than 1 mile from my house and I usually walk to the office if the weather is good.

I don't really to pump may be until next month.

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
doesnt matter what we do until people stop buying suv's and trucks for one person to drive around in there will be a demand, especially since refineries arent being built in enough numbers to make a difference. But i will still support your efforts and not buy on the 15th

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is a waste of time. If you said DON'T USE FUEL on a certain day (and that means no heat, no a/c, no driving) then you might be a blip on the radar.

But buying gas on the 14th or 16th instead of the 15th does nothing.

HasRob

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Second, the price fell 30 cents the next day because there was more supply than demand. Basic economics. It wasn't because the gas companies fell for it and gave consumers a break.

I think your theory is flawed, when have you ever seen prices drop 30cents over night? Only once and it was definitley because of the gas out. Gas prices usually climb a couple cents a day, not 30 cents a day. The only time gas prices decrease with bigger numbers is when elections are around the corner, soon as there over they go right back up.

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think your theory is flawed, when have you ever seen prices drop 30cents over night? Only once and it was definitley because of the gas out. Gas prices usually climb a couple cents a day, not 30 cents a day. The only time gas prices decrease with bigger numbers is when elections are around the corner, soon as there over they go right back up.

It's not my theory. It's the law of economics. Maybe you should check it out sometime.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supply_and_demand

HasRob

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Actually, I just did a little research and the prices never even dropped a dime.

http://tonto.eia.doe.gov/dnav/pet/hist/mg_tt_usw.htm

Oh well, was just spreading the word around as every time I pay close to $90 to fill my pickup truck and can't help but get pissed off.

Time to trade it in for a 4 cylinder I guess :sigh2:

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Riding a bike or walking when going short distances would do more in the long run than this. I work from home and my girlfriend takes transit so we only have to put 20 bucks a week in the car unless we are travelling somewhere but now when we are just going to the variety store or the bank or whatever is nearby, we bike so we end up not using the car for days sometimes.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Has Rob

I appreciate you calling this to everyone's attention.

Like my coworkers said (and many on this thread), just fill up on the 14th.

The 14th is all the day the new postal rates go into effect here in the states. There is something I would REALLY love to boycott.

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The 14th is all the day the new postal rates go into effect here in the states. There is something I would REALLY love to boycott.

We already do. ;) Send email instead of letters. Pay bills online. Send packages via UPS. The Postal System is in big trouble it's only a matter of time, and not much at that, and they are no longer necessary.

GoPC

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Having a no gas day on the 15th is like giving them a windfall for gas on the 14th and the 16th.

Besides, many people don't like to be politically active, they just like to APPEAR politically active. LOL!

GoPC

AlienGG

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom