Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Don't show the users online panel!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary King

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Don't show the users online panel! It slows down my PC because it has to format it all. I mean, when it's huge, it's HUGE. And every single username has a different type of formatting, then older PCs come to a halt.

Upvote 0

NETGEEK

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I don't think it really matters if you show or hide it as far as page loading time. It still has to process the data. By hiding it you just don't see it :wink:

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I believe hiding it does help, as when it is open, my PC has frozen too. Keep it closed, and the setting is saved as long as you are cookied.

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What is slowing the homepage is the bannerpages data.
The users data is stored in a cache in the database and it's loaded ready to fire to your browser before you visit the page. It dosent process each time someone hits the homepage.
Show / hide is a javascript, the data is still loaded to the browser, true. Just looked.
The problem is bannerpages and it's been brought up dozens of times.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree mediahound, we both have about 3 threads going on this :wink: hopefully the issue can be looked at. I believe Adam said he was looking into it. I will close this thread and link to the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom