Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Don't waste your time at Afternic

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitronet

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I bid on a name there where the minimum bid was 10k, reserve was met and I was outbid at over 25k.

A few days later, the name was back up for auction because the high bidder didn't pay (probably the seller with a shill account) and now the minimum bid is 25k.

Total waste of time, and Afternic obviously encourages this crap by not selling the name to the next highest bidders like Snap, Pool and most other auctons do.

Do yourself a favor and forget them.

commandercody

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yea, its my belief that and auction means "HIGHEST BIDDER" with the reserves and minimum bids its more like I get what I wan't and hopefully a little more.

scrsteven

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have had good and bad experiences with them.. ... but I keep my names listed still, $20 is nothing if you make just one sale.

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
one of my client Bid on a name that was on BIN price and still the owner sold the name to a third person and Afternic couldnt do anything. i think with Afternic its perfectly fine to do this.

AWest

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Simon,

If you would like to PM me the details on this transaction I would be happy to look into what happened for you and see if there is something I can do.

When you bid the asking price on a domain name, a seller is obligated to sell the name to you at that price. If they refuse, they would lose their membership with Afternic and their information would be released to you to pursue the matter further.

NitroNet - we are always willing to contact the next bidder in a sale. However, if there was a legitimate bid on a seller's name that fell through and they decide afterwards that they no longer wish to sell (or to relist at a new price) it is the seller's prerogative.

Again, if you would like me to look into your particular case, I would be more than happy to.

If anyone here ever has a concern about a transaction, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Regards,

Amber West
[email protected]

T

tekz999

I know the CEO of afternic and I am very pleased with their service.

Chappy

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Would be OK if it wasn't so damn slow.

proxinated

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Probably a person at the company did it so that the company would make more money. :(

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have had some issues with them too, but I made a lot of good purchases there as well. They have NO WAY to force someone to sell/buy, they can only BAN him...

sevent

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've been happy with Afternic. It'd be nice if they added a hit/stat tracker for websites too so you could search/sort those as well.

ministr

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Afternic still works for me. had no problems whatsoever.

brian1234

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Afternic are about the most disgusting domain
name seller I have ever come across.

They want to imply they have good customer
service and ethics, but that doesn't quite hold
true when you've made a legally binding offer
on a name and the seller withdraws; they
simply do not want to know.. but more than
that their supposed policy of banning a seller
who does that goes 'out of the window' when
it's a big company.

They can go and stew as far as I am concerned;
you feel good about them now?.. see how long
that lasts when they've stitched you up.

domainah

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am selling somehting through Afternic now, I usually sell through Sedo because I think the afternic system is horrible and I heard a lot of bad things, and now I know that I am NEVER gonna sell through afternic again, the transaction is two weeks old and it is still in escrow..plus..I got contacted by afternic with an offer without being a member and they are charging me the fee? what a joke..

(_Y_)Man

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
AWest said:
Simon,

If you would like to PM me the details on this transaction I would be happy to look into what happened for you and see if there is something I can do.

When you bid the asking price on a domain name, a seller is obligated to sell the name to you at that price. If they refuse, they would lose their membership with Afternic and their information would be released to you to pursue the matter further.

If anyone here ever has a concern about a transaction, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Regards,

Amber West
[email protected]

Awest I contacted you about a domain that I met reserve for and after a 7 day auction and a few back and forth bids, the seller chose not to sell and had wasted mine and a few other bidders time. What made me even more mad was that I even paid for the domain after I had won the auction.

I never got a response from you, "When you bid the asking price on a domain name, a seller is obligated to sell the name to you at that price. If they refuse, they would lose their membership with Afternic and their information would be released to you to pursue the matter further."

If this is true then something shouldve been done...

my mouth is still sour from that incident with afternic :greendead:

(_Y_)Man

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sorry..double post (lagging)

Sent you a PM Awest, will keep this thread up to date with what happens :)

Ubiquitous

Since 1997
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
nitronet said:
I bid on a name there where the minimum bid was 10k, reserve was met and I was outbid at over 25k.

A few days later, the name was back up for auction because the high bidder didn't pay (probably the seller with a shill account) and now the minimum bid is 25k.

Total waste of time, and Afternic obviously encourages this crap by not selling the name to the next highest bidders like Snap, Pool and most other auctons do.

Do yourself a favor and forget them.

I agree with you on that, it should go to the next high bidder ~ hopefully the rep in the above post will settle it for you.

brian1234

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
(_Y_)Man said:
no word from Awest....

She will have it in her diary to post on here
every 3rd tuesday or whatever, just so the
company can try to quell some of the bad
press they (rightly) receive on a daily basis.

My god, if there is any justice in this world
Afternic and Register.com (same company)
will go bust someday.

AWest

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello (_Y_)Man,

I apologize for the weekend lag. I sent you an updated PM this morning. Thank you for your patience!

Regards,

Amber West
Afternic.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom