Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Dos Attacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

greggish

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just posted the same thing in the Lounge...

.com.net.org

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
it's very common attack and very hard to prevent.

DDOS is much more powerful

M

mole

It is still on? The net is very slow today for a couple of sites and my POP email is cranky. :mad:

M

mole

BBC Saturday, 25 January, 2003, 12:14 GMT
Virus-like attack hits web traffic

The attack targeted Mircrosoft database software

Traffic has slowed dramatically on many parts of the internet - apparently the result of a fast-spreading, virus-like infection, computer experts say.
The electronic attack is reported to have interfered with web browsing and e-mail delivery.

Experts said the attack on Saturday was similar to the impact of the "Code Red" virus, which brought internet traffic to a standstill in the summer of 2001.

"It's not debilitating," said Howard Schmidt, one of President George W Bush's top cyber-security advisers, quoted by the Associated Press news agency.

"Everybody seems to be getting it under control."

South Korea hit

He said the FBI's National Infrastructure Protection Center and private experts at the CERT Co-ordination Center were monitoring the attacks.

It is highly likely hackers have launched an all-out attack on the country's internet system

In South Korea internet services were shut down nationwide for hours on Saturday, the country's Yonhap news agency reported.

It said the shutdown was triggered by "apparent cyber terror committed by hackers".

It was not immediately clear if the South Korean attack was the same as that reported in the United States.

It is the first time South Korea's wired and mobile internet services have been hit collectively in such a way, according to Yonhap.

But the impact on most financial institutions, corporations and government offices was minimal as they were closed for the weekend, it said.

According to software experts quoted by AP, the attack targeted vulnerable computers, infecting database software from Microsoft Corp., called "SQL Server".

The attacking software code overwhelmed many internet data pipelines as it searched for victim computers randomly and aggressively.

DotComster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
3 or 4 registrars are affected I think to, StarGate for one.

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This "virus" is definitely slowing me down. I would say one our of five websites I have attempted to reach today has failed to parse.
I can't get into one of my sites to work on it.

This virus must have started last night as that is when I noticed a large number of sites unavailable.

DomainPairs

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
This link has been posted a few times.
http://www.internetpulse.com

If you click on the UUNET-UUNET (top left) you will see that the problems in Dallas have actually increased.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom