Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

For Sale dot ca question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belzibut

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi,

If I own for example.on.ca and go ahead and register example.ca as I own the only provincial extenstion can I lapse example.on.ca some how?

How about if I own example.ca and build a great example site. Do you think it would be wize to register all provincial extension and use them for SEO purpose to market example.ca?

Thanks,

D.

Domain Days 2024

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi, I would contact namespro if I was you... but yes you can change back to example.ca....as far as prov extension I wondered if you can even do that myself.

take care
Stewie

Last edited:

Belzibut

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Stewie, thanks for your comment. I don't get the part about "but yes you can change back to example.ca"

I would use example.ca as the site but I like to get rid of example.on.ca so I don't have to register it forever so no one gets it, I just like to lapse it.

About the other question, it's more of a SEO question. For example if I owned example.ca and example.com, org, net .. would have some text and link to example.ca that would be great but how about if I registered all prov ext and did the same, wouldn't that be a good SEO technique?

Thank

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
To be honest I am a little confused here but...

If example .on.ca is already register then example .ca is NOT available to be reg'd. That I know, unless as you say the owner of the .on.ca has that ability ?

Zoobar

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
example.on.ca will not go to the drops if you let it lapse and own example.ca

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
its my understanding ...you can go back to just the main extension .... so you can go from example.on.ca >>> example.ca ... contact namespro to switch it over.

:yo:
Stewie

Last edited:

Wzhxvy

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
If you own a X.on.ca, then you can register the X.ca through your registrar.

Now you have the 2 registered (X.on.ca and X.ca).

If you choose to let one or the other lapse (ie not renew), they will not go to TBR.

Belzibut

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys. But I do think it will go to drop otherwise that's what I'll do.

I know for a fact that if I"m the only owner of a province extension x.bc.ca domain I am the only one who can register the x.ca. If I let x.bc.ca drop and it doesn't go to tbr then I guess that's what I'll do but before I take that risk I like to see where it says it.

Hi Wzhxvy, have you done it before? THanks.

Hi Stewie, you like these namepro guys don't you!

Thanks,

D.

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys. But I do think it will go to drop otherwise that's what I'll do.

I know for a fact that if I"m the only owner of a province extension x.bc.ca domain I am the only one who can register the x.ca. If I let x.bc.ca drop and it doesn't go to tbr then I guess that's what I'll do but before I take that risk I like to see where it says it.

Hi Wzhxvy, have you done it before? THanks.

Hi Stewie, you like these namepro guys don't you!

Thanks,

D.

Actually I think anyone who has dealt with different companies would agree Namepro is the best...or at least one of the best...IMO if someone on here knows better I would love to hear who they are.

who do you deal with???

Wzhxvy

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Yes I have Belzi...it wont go to TBR. Good Luck.

Zoobar

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Make sure you register the .ca before the on.ca expires.

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

good point..

can you image that!!! LOL , I thought that was a given but you never know ...:frusty:

:yo:

Ilze

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Normally, the same day that I get a provincial domain in a tbr, I send an email to Namespro and ask them to register the dot ca for me. This way you can let the domain lapse without worry. One point is that often the provincial domain that was dropped gets ppc traffic, and at renewal time, depending on the income, it might pay to renew it.

fwdtech

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Did you check the PM re: domain dropping tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom