Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Dot .com Registry key transfer????

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnGBUK

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Can somene help me on this issue please, I am confused.
I have bought a .com domain name from a company. I have initiated a transfer from an external body (Melbourne IT) to bring the domain to Enom.com. I carried out the process detailed for "auto verification" on the Enom.com portal. The process has been going on now for 2 days, with no completed transfer. The seller has told me I need to use a "key". I have looked again at Enom's portal and it seems that this is not required for a .com and in fact I have not at any stage been prompted for one. Can someone help me with this please, am I missing something here?

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Whose account at MelbourenIT is the name with now?
You or the seller?

JohnGBUK

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
JohnGBUK said:

Enom tells me tonight... "This domain transfer has been initiated with the Global Registry and is in PENDING TRANSFER status, awaiting approval and release by the losing registrar. The process is complete from our side and the domain must be released to the registry by the losing registrar".

But it has been 3 days now, and I still don't have it.

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Can you open an account at Melbourne IT for free and get the name pushed to your account there?
MelbourneIT use both passwords and keys for .coms
Once you have the name in your melbourneIT account, you will have both key and password
Then do the enom transfer

JohnGBUK

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Right, I'll give that a try. Seems a lot of hasstle for something that should be an easy process. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom