Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

dot com vs dot net (prices)

Status
Not open for further replies.

David.

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What percentage of the dot com is the dot net worth?

For example, if the dot com is worth $1,000 how much would the dot net be?

Thank you.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A straight % which varies, some say 5%, some say 20%+ and everything in between.

My issue with this is that while it is ok to use it as a guide, ultimately one needs to take the name itself into account and other variables so in summing up this aspect I would say never buy based solely on a percential without taking other factors into consideration.

To be completely honest and a bit off topic but I have found among GOOD generic keywords and in alot of acronyms the .org is as good if not more desired and now becoming more expensive. I saw this trend start about 3 years ago and would consider the .org over the .net based on the natural traffic you are likely to see with one vs. the other.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't think there is a set formula. Some domains the .net would be worth more than others, even in % of the value of a .com.

Plus, there are instances where a .net would be worth less than a dot org (BloodDonations.org vs. BloodDonations.net?).

Even if a .com is worth over a million - it doesn't mean that the .net will be worth a lot, there are too many factors other than the names themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom