Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Dot eu launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.eu will make a lot of people rich

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
MediaHound said:
.eu will make a lot of people rich

hmm, we hope so

p.s. i only wonder, if any decent .eu's will be left soon after the sunrise for the local public

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Angelx666 said:
hmm, we hope so

p.s. i only wonder, if any decent .eu's will be left soon after the sunrise for the local public

Depends on how many fake trademarks were backdated by the Government of the Repudiated Republic of Botswannaland LLDJBAC :evil:

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
its well worth while legally registering a trademark for you domain. Its what i am planning to do for one of the names, its too good not to!

wohl

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Depends what you mean by rich. There are only a handful of domains that are going to be worth really large amounts of money, and there will probably be 50 speculators with bogus trademarks vying for them in the sunrise.

In general, due to the massive number of registrars and people trying to register .eu domains, domains will be spread quite thinly, so there won't be many fortunes made.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yes, dont bother with .eu...all the good ones are already reserved and you dont have a shot at anything big so wait until you can buy them resale cheap from the registrants who will be willing to sell for a quick buck

chriswalton74

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just a quick question that has probably been asked 100 times........

I want to register a .eu but, I'm not 100% sure about what all this 'sunrise period 1, 2' etc means, so....

I am interested in trying to get a .eu name. It is not a company name and I don't hold the trademark to it, but am I able to pre-register it today, and if so what happens from there? Do I get first refusal of it if a company or trademark owner doesn't snap it up?

Cheers
Chris

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i actually recon they will catch the fake trademarks. If not now they will later.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
CSite.Net said:
i actually recon they will catch the fake trademarks. If not now they will later.

Looking at all the fake trademarks filed in the past landrushes, and still remaining in the hands of the fraudsters, I don't think you/we should have much confidence in this release being any different.

Fredo

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
chriswalton74 said:
Just a quick question that has probably been asked 100 times........

I want to register a .eu but, I'm not 100% sure about what all this 'sunrise period 1, 2' etc means, so....

I am interested in trying to get a .eu name. It is not a company name and I don't hold the trademark to it, but am I able to pre-register it today, and if so what happens from there? Do I get first refusal of it if a company or trademark owner doesn't snap it up?

Cheers
Chris

Is it a trademark ? if not, it should not be taken during the 2 sunrises. But if it is a good domain, there will be so many registrars trying to catch it on the 7th april 2006...

Wot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Stocdoctor said:
Looking at all the fake trademarks filed in the past landrushes, and still remaining in the hands of the fraudsters, I don't think you/we should have much confidence in this release being any different.

Yep, no doubt the toothless dogs will remain in their kennels and the conmen will succeed again- I saw one particular .in name that is a very well known 3 letter mobile/cellphone combo that went to a supermarket owner in India based on the initials of the supermarket - the letters were correct - just in the wrong order :rolleyes:

DryHeat

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
britishbulldog said:
Whatever the outcome .com will always be king
You'd to say that and drag .com in to reiterate its eternal kingship....wonder why there's always this knee-jerk response to pitt every new tld against .com... :huh:

i think businesses will take to it but not the public so well overated im my opinion !
If businesses take it then it'd be a success, who cares if its not used as "johnsmith.eu" or "britishbulldog.eu"... :cheeky:

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DryHeat said:
You'd to say that and drag .com in to reiterate its eternal kingship....wonder why there's always this knee-jerk response to pitt every new tld against .com... :huh:

Because its true,open your man and look around .ws.cc etc etc tried and failed !

If businesses take it then it'd be a success, who cares if its not used as "johnsmith.eu" or "britishbulldog.eu"... :cheeky:

So if my local butcher uses "billthebutchers.eu" its sucess LOL !

The day .eu overcomes .com i will be never !

DryHeat

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Stocdoctor said:
Just got this info in e-mail...if followed as stated it sounds much better than the way sunrises were handled in the past.
The Sunrise procedure will be as follows: The respective registrar is obliged to submit the applications to the registry according to the first-come-first-served principle on the launch date. After receipt of the application you will recieve a confirmation email from the registry. This email will also advise the position of the application in the queue for that name (if there is more than one applicant) what documentation the registry requires to prove the right and access to a form which must be completed signed and returned to the Validation Agent with the documents within 40 days. Simultaneously your application information along with the status will be published in the Sunrise Whois-Database.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom