Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Dot Travel Hype and Nonsense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acquisition

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Of course there is a lot of hype. It's all about money, to them.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They must be desperate.

Acquisition

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You're telling me they couldn't find better names to hype than "anything".travel there are some real gems in the upcoming auction.

What did you expect them to say ? You expect them to say- "These .travel names are garbage and anyone who pays a lot for them are total fools" ???

Really dude. Hyping has A LOT to do with business. And of course they want to hype the .travel extention. NEWSFLASH ! - They are in the DOMAIN business!

I mean, you posted a travel news link. Of course they will take anything positive and make it news. Wake up man.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

acronym007

Thankful!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.travel is a good example of timing. They missed the boat, I think .travel would of had a chance when all the travel service moved online, priceline, expedia, etc. At that time the media, the energy, the money was in the travel indsutry. Now? Well, since travel is a luxury for many it's not a good market IMHO. I am sure they seem the success of the hype from .mobi and .me so they're trying to recoup some funds.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'll agree - answers.travel is not the best name and I'm sure that either the sale didn't happen or there was A LOT more involved with the sale - a company, a site, something. Domain alone that is either one hell of a salesman or a really bad buyer. (Just look at when the Weather Channel was sold - it included weather.com and people took it as the domain sale when it wasn't).

Either or, the hype, like any hype, is to bring attention to something and, in the end, bring in money. Like Acquisition said, they're not going to say "check out all of our horrible names!" they're going to hype them up and make mud look like gold.

I'll also agree with Acronym. It's biggest enemy is timing (exactly like .mobi). A few years ago .travel would have been extremely successful. Registration started in October 2005 and "normal" registration started in 2006 - if ICANN had initiated it back in, say, 1999 or even 2000 it would have been far more successful.

dn-101

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
It's a great opportunity for the mobi crowd to invest in .travel, since they already made a killing :smilewinkgrin:

Bender

Bending
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's a great opportunity for the mobi crowd to invest in .travel, since they already made a killing :smilewinkgrin:
dot what?
t-r-a-v-e-l?six letters?
sure, since we gofor lengthy words , how about Dot .Information? or .internationalization?
there are still some .mobi investors at large, with other $$$ to invest

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When is .lemmings due yet ? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom