Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

dot tv extension help

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonobby1

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hi im just trying to get my head round this extension.
am i right in saying its for people to watch television programmes on your comp?
can you watch on your mobile?
i think i did read on google that its sort of for videos and other related stuff, can someone please clarify thanks.

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
its a country code extention , ccTLD , its the tiny nation of T?????? (can't remember) , like .US is United States , .PL is Poland etc..etc.. some people would recognize it as meaning television though.

rokoroko

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
look here on link

http://dnjournal.com/cover/2007/january.htm

in the middle of article is speaking Paul Stahura:
"Demand Media President and COO Paul Stahura (who was eNom’s CEO when the company was acquired by Demand) said the fierce competition assures “more of the same for 2007 – acquisitions of companies, individual names, and portfolios of names.”

Paul Stahura
President & COO, Demand Media
In the registrar space, late 2006 witnessed large companies like Google and Microsoft partnering with registrars such as eNom to provide name registration services to their users. Stahura said more large companies will do this. Having global internet leaders like them exposing millions of potential new customers to the benefits of owning a domain name should add fuel to the already hot registration and secondary sales markets.
“We will also see even more clearly the intersection of the domain name space and the media space,” Stahura said. “Take .tv for example. With the explosion of video content on the Internet, I think we will see the .tv top level domain grow the most compared to other TLDs.” Of course, Stahura now has a special interest in .tv since registry owner Verisign turned management of that extension over to eNom in the final quarter of 2006.

However, Stahura isn’t alone in predicting better things for .tv. Those who were at the T.R.A.F.F.I.C. East conference in Hollywood, Florida in October will remember keynote speaker Tom Gardner of the Motley Fool predicting .tv would be the sleeper hit of 2007 (a pronouncement greeted with stunned disbelief by his audience, but one that now seems prescient to some).

Demand Media is typical of the new domain industry giants that have a hand in multiple pies."

sonobby1

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
thanks for that ill take a look see whats available thanks

sonobby1

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
well i cant find any lol, but what i dont get, its supposed to be related to tv, but people out there are regging every word available, that i think even some are not related to tv?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom