Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

DotRegistrar - Worst Registrar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorro

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My client had a name residing at Dotregistrar.com
Creation Date: 19-feb-2002
Expiration Date: 19-feb-2009

Last week Dotregistrar DELETED the domain from my customer's account and changed nameservers of the domain to THEIR OWN NAMESERVERS!
When we got in touch with them to check if the domain was stolen/hijacked, this is what they said:

"I'm afraid ********.com wasn't stolen but cancelled due to inaccurate whois information. For this reason, you won't be able to manage this name again, nor request any changes to be made to it.
Please wait until ********.com becomes available for registration again and re register it then if you wish to have this name again
."

Trevor Garrett
Customer Service Manager
[email protected]

I wrote back to them informing them that they have screwed-up. The whois is information is ACCURATE and it can be proved/verified.
Numerous emails have been sent to Dotregistrar since but NO REPLY has been received.
Nobody picks up the phone as well.

The domain in question was an active website receieving 2,000 unique visitors a day (A portal offering free email, news, jobs etc.)
Dotregistrar's stupidity has resulted in the website going offline AND ALL TRAFFIC GOING TO DOTREGISTRAR'S parking page (where they generate PPC revenue)
Also, since the domain registration is valid till 2009, it is still not available for registration... so MY CLIENT IS STUCK!

I tried transferring the domain to another registrar... but that failed too.
Anybody here can offer some advice on how to deal with the issue and claim damages from the Dotregistrar scumbags.

Limit$

Level 7
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Same thing happen with me at Godaddy.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom