Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Dotster API COM Wrapper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hey everyone, I wanted to tell you about a new product we are releasing soon which is a simple COM Object wrapper for using Dotster's API for reselling domains.

Their API has many advantages over their IR system. The biggest one is you keep your clients on YOUR site, and you control the look and feel of all the pages Completely!

We highly recommend Dotster, after over 2 years of dealing with them, we have never had any problems, have always received fast and friendly support, and their prices are very reasonable and resellable.

Check out the product details today at http://www.xfiresoftware.com/

We hope to have a release by the end of next week!

domainduck

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
JeffX - I don't see anything special about your API wrapper and for $349.00, what am I missing?

quack :D

DomainDuck,

The DotsterAPI for resellers requires TCP or Telnet programming to talk to the Dotster Server. To do this securely is not something a lot of programmers do. It is not simply an HTTP form and post situation. What we have done is the back end work so that you the user of our product only has to deal with the HTTP form posts and any additional database processing you may need.

Any further questions? Let me know.

Jeff

H

hyperi0n

I could do this for $49 if anyone is that interested !!!!

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The price $349.00 is to expensive. You can easily take enom PDQ

hyperi0n:

Go ahead and put the time in and then tell me your price.

stuff:

We are evaluating the price, but you have to understand, all of
the API functions are there, all the samples are there, an ASP developer could have this up and running with this in a day. that has to be worth something.

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Jeff--it does look and sound like a good product--but $349 is scary. Most of us pay about $7 for our domains--and similarly low prices for hosting--software--scripts--whatever.

You would be hard pressed to get $350 out of anybody here unless it includes a 3 letter .com name--and a round trip ticket to Hawaii.

Good luck though--you definately improved on what Dotster already offers. I think you have something there--but this is the wrong crowd. We are cheap (but smart) bastards. :D

NamePopper:

Thank you for your message, having discussed the pricing with Marketing at length over the last 2 weeks I have cut the price dramatically. they were basing the price on minimal sales, and I told them at that price they were right! LOL

Anyway, the new pricing is on the site, http://www.xfiresoftware.com/

Depending on Dotster's response to a couple questions, the product will be available for download or purchase before the
end of the month.

Jeff

NamePopper:

On a side note, where do you get your domains for $7 ? :)

While I know you said you are looking for cheap, cheap, cheap, and my hosting service is not very cheap, the rates are very good and our reseller program makes them that much better, why not take a look?

http://www.xfireweb.com/

Jeff

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey Jeff.

I use www.eNom.com--I am paying $7.25 and the guy who signed me up is paying $6.99--so he gets 25 cents every time I (or my friends--family--biz partners) buy a name. We can sign people up--and then set our own price too. He had to make a huge investment to get his $6.99 price though--several thousand dollars. We didn't--so $7.25 makes us very happy--and he was very generous to sign us up. There are a lot of eNom resellers or sub-resellers here--paying between $6.99-$7.99

I can hook you up a really good deal if you ever need it. Just say the word.

I am going to go check out your hosting plans Jeff.

H

hyperi0n

Originally posted by JeffXfire
hyperi0n:

Go ahead and put the time in and then tell me your price.

If I had a need for a Doster COM object I probably would go ahead with this but seeing as eNom already supply a COM object for their service I don't see it as a worthwhile use of my time.

$349 is way too big. Writing a COM object is not that big a deal but then again I havn't seen the API so maybe I'm jumping the gun !!!!

:D

Domain

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DomainSolutions.com is an example of the Dotster IR system. While you are taken off site to perform registry functions, it hasn't seemed to deter our customers. The shopping experience is identical to Dotsters and we were able to customize the look and feel of the site. We will be adding Domain search on the home page shortly.

We are resellers of Enom as well, but find the PDQ interface a bit limiting on customizing. Anyone have a unique looking PDQ site we could check out?

Drewbert

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Servants of Microsoft are used to paying through-the-nose for software.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom