Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Dotster & WLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just received Dotster's November newletter. And, I am sure everyone received it, too.

The part that interest me was their comments on WLS.

Update on WLS: Wait Listing Service
In our last update, we told you that a Federal Court hearing was scheduled to determine whether a preliminary injunction against the proposed wait listing service (WLS) should be granted. That hearing has now taken place, and unfortunately the judge has ruled against granting the preliminary injunction. The good news, however, is that the judge did rule there was substantial evidence to warrant a trial. This trial is scheduled for March 2004.

Dotster has been fighting against the implementation of the proposed WLS system for almost a year because we believe it will increase prices and decrease service for consumers in the secondary domain market. Prices will increase three-fold and the product will be available through just one single supplier -- VeriSign. We look forward to the trial in March to bring these facts to light.

At this point, we are uncertain what the timing on a WLS launch will be if in fact it is implemented. We will continue to keep you updated as the situation progresses.

NameWinner, our system for registering expiring domain names, is still going strong, registering thousands of expiring domain names for customers every day. If you're in search of a great domain name, now is the best time to visit. We update the site every day with a list of expiring domain names, and you're sure to find one to suit your needs. Visit www.namewinner.com to start your search today.

If you have any questions about WLS, please e-mail us at [email protected] or visit www.stopwls.com.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update Richard! I would imagine in the absence of the preliminary injunction that Verisign will go ahead and roll out WLS. The trial itself could drag on for quite awhile, as they always do. Then if Dotster won, Verisign would have to shutdown their operation. In the meantime they will have pocketed quite a nice chunk of change so I can't see much liklihood that they will wait a lot longer.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I dindt know NW cuaght 1000s of names a day.

Do you believe that or could they be extending the truth?

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Steen
I dindt know NW cuaght 1000s of names a day.

Do you believe that or could they be extending the truth?

Sounds right to me. A lot of them are average names worth a reg fee, but people have personal interest in the names, and they feel more comfortable with a backorder rather than waiting for it to become available.

Delete

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
nw has done good for me for the less sought after name. They use many different registrars which adds to their success

shaw

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
NW sucks ass compared to Pool. They have almost no chance when Pool is going after the same domain. They should drop the suit, save the lawyer fees and prepare for WLS. They'll probably make more money selling WLS slots than what they make now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom