Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Drop catching software

Status
Not open for further replies.

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am aware of a number of drop catching software,
Has anybody tried any and are they efficient in catching good drops?
Thanks,
P

chillking

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi yes i would also like to know this, i have a large budget for a good system please pm me. your sytem will be tested for performance befor i buy.

flybuzz

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Unless you have thousands of computer and millions of dollars to compete with pool, snapnames, namesjet, chances are the names you pick up would be the ones that nobody wants anyway.

BidNo

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yep to what flybuzz said. You can probably get by with only hundreds of computers but it's going to cost you beau coup bucks to compete effectively. Also realize plenty of domains never really "drop" due to the exclusive arrangements between auctioneers and registries.

Millering

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Anyway, the auctioners still couldn't take 100% names, even there's 1% left, there're a lot, why not have a try? I'm also curious about this. Anyone have good ideas?

BidNo

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Anyway, the auctioners still couldn't take 100% names, even there's 1% left, there're a lot, why not have a try? I'm also curious about this. Anyone have good ideas?

Agree, no harm in trying -- and it might be a heck of a lot of fun. I didn't keep links but have seen a number of free and commercial packages available on the net. Search here and on yahoo for the software (maybe keywords; domain, drop and software?). Post back how it goes.

Cheers,

aceeca

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yep to what flybuzz said. You can probably get by with only hundreds of computers but it's going to cost you beau coup bucks to compete effectively. Also realize plenty of domains never really "drop" due to the exclusive arrangements between auctioneers and registries.

With cloud computing these days, you can spin up a lot servers easily. And you pay only for the hour ~19c per hour. I think its possible to compete with the big folks.

hnh

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
With cloud computing these days, you can spin up a lot servers easily. And you pay only for the hour ~19c per hour. I think its possible to compete with the big folks.
Agreed. You would only have to pay during the drop hours anyways.

krossat

Rohan
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
did u mean software or service?
creating a software which keeps on trying to register a name using one of the registrars api's is pretty easy.
I made one like an year ago using dynadot's api. it did persistently try registering the domain. how fast? really depends on ur connection and dynadot servers bandwidth.

ascii0101

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Domain Research Tool is alright but no one tool should be used so I do use some online services as well. I also use my bash/perl scripts

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
did u mean software or service?
creating a software which keeps on trying to register a name using one of the registrars api's is pretty easy.
I made one like an year ago using dynadot's api. it did persistently try registering the domain. how fast? really depends on ur connection and dynadot servers bandwidth.

the registrar might also be limiting the number of requests per second.

A tool that I was using was sending requests to the Moniker api and I think they were limiting me to 1 request per second (or 2, not sure). Which really handicapped me, let alone that I never stood a chance of competing anyway, so I quit wasting my time

tristanperry

Domainer & Web/Software Dev
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A tool that I was using was sending requests to the Moniker api and I think they were limiting me to 1 request per second (or 2, not sure). Which really handicapped me, let alone that I never stood a chance of competing anyway, so I quit wasting my time
That's true. Not sure if you needed to sign anything to get into the Moniker API (the new program requires a simple contract to be signed), but when I signed up the contract had a clause saying the API couldn't be used for drop catching and there was a limit to how many queries could be done.

hnh

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you are doing this on a large scale, I'd recommend getting your own registrar

chillking

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
To be a .com register does it cost $25,000 ? Most drop catching companies work with lots of registers to up their chances.

alphablue

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I know a software that does a lot in catching domain drop names. I records live by the hour all activities related to the domains, it can get data from godaddy and other registrants. As of this writing the record on its data center says: Expiring Domains 317,595 | Expired Domains 1,660,685 | Auctions Domains 533,001 | 3 Letter Domains 2,522 | Domains with PR 77,234 | DMOZ Listed 1,077.

If anyone is interested, I can send you updates weekly or monthly depending on your needs at a minimal cost. You can check some catches I did with this software that are getting good traffic at Sedo.

PM or email me at: [email protected]

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You will find it at DNware.com

Goodpasture

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I tried emailing them and they didn't respond a couple times. I'm not sure they are around anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom