Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Drop in revenue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

domaindirk

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Revenue was stable until 02/24/05, then about a 35% drop. :huh: Today was an additional 35%. :disappoin Anyone else realize a significant drop in the last two days?

Thanks,
DD

hookah

Semi-Netizen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, I noticed the same. My daily revenue is approx. 30% smaller for the last 2 days (the same number of domains, the same keywords, etc.). Sad thing :(
H.

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think it is a program problem, since late friday nite my revenue seems to have dived and frozen stats for long period of time

hookah

Semi-Netizen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Cant find any announcement on Sedo but it seems that PPC is about 30% lower from Friday (ie. was 0.03 € and now is 0.02 €/click).

wolfis.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mt drop in traffic & revenue started on the 24 of feb. i contacted sedo over their website - no answer - no response at all.
then on feb 26 i "caught" on person from sedo at a forum (DS) and i pm'd him with the problem - which he replied to that " he saw" what i was talking about and he will tell the techs to look into this (as ALL of my 100+ dropped in traffic & revenue ALL at the same time and ALL the same amount) - he further told me the he will reply when he got an answer , however until now - NOTHING - still the same problem - still no replys !

domaindirk

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
38% Average daily drop in the $/click in the last (5) days. :huh: Sure hope this trend does not continue. :worried:

DD

P.S. DNF Pages seem to be loading quite slowly. Anyone else?

Domainut

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
IMO this is a trend across the entire ppc industry, not just one program, it could have to do with lower bids after christmas (which is generally the peak time), or it could have to do with google paying less. But I have noticed this happen at the same time across multiple programs, not just one.

typeins

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mines about the same.. from day to day it can vary 10-20% easily.. and last week there was 1-2 days which were maybe 35% below average.. but the rest of the week has been great.. yesterday was a little below average.. but today has already made more than yesterday with 9 hours to go.

theparrot

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Domainut said:
IMO this is a trend across the entire ppc industry, not just one program, it could have to do with lower bids after christmas (which is generally the peak time), or it could have to do with google paying less. But I have noticed this happen at the same time across multiple programs, not just one.

I concor, I have noticed the bid rates for ppc have trended down, did not think to tie it into Christmas though, but that makes sense as to why.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I see no drop. I had significant increase.

S

SedoCoUk

Hi there,

I just thought I'd give an update on this:

Yesterday morning I looked at domaindirk's, hookah's and fatter's accounts and it was clear that there was a small drop. However, across the entire company there was no significant drop and our results were actually slightly higher than the previous weekend. In all of your accounts it seems there is a fair amount of fluctuation but I didn't see any cause for alarm. Having looked at all three accounts again today, it seems you're all back on track so that's very encouraging as it must have been a blip.

Both Google and Yahoo have announced that they have both experienced a drop in PPC bids, but, analysing our results over the last 32 days, we haven't seen any fallout from this.

While we're on the subject of parking, take a look at my other post - especially if you're a non-US resident

Ed
Key Account Manager
UK Marketing Associate

SEDO.CO.UK :: Buy and Sell Domain Names and Websites
tel within UK 0871 900 8450 :: fax 0871 900 8451
tel +49 221.420.758.156 :: fax +49 221.420.758.11
tel (US) (877)-349-5902 :: fax (212)-202-3951
email: [email protected] :: http://www.sedo.co.uk

_______________________ :: make a name for yourself.

hookah

Semi-Netizen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your explanation. It is clear to me that on the global scale of Sedo this drop need not happen. I am just worry because for most of my domains (ccTLDs) click-rate dropped to 0.02€/click (the same today). As stated in Sedo FAQ:

"The minimum click-rate is €0.03/ click, and the highest click-rate is currently nearly €2. All of the click-rates will naturally tend to vary over time."

This is what I dont exactly understand and what makes me sad :( Today I am not back on the track, unfortunately.
Cheers, hookah

SedoCoUk said:
Hi there,

I just thought I'd give an update on this:

Yesterday morning I looked at domaindirk's, hookah's and fatter's accounts and it was clear that there was a small drop. However, across the entire company there was no significant drop and our results were actually slightly higher than the previous weekend. In all of your accounts it seems there is a fair amount of fluctuation but I didn't see any cause for alarm. Having looked at all three accounts again today, it seems you're all back on track so that's very encouraging as it must have been a blip.

Both Google and Yahoo have announced that they have both experienced a drop in PPC bids, but, analysing our results over the last 32 days, we haven't seen any fallout from this.

While we're on the subject of parking, take a look at my other post - especially if you're a non-US resident

Ed
Key Account Manager
UK Marketing Associate

SEDO.CO.UK :: Buy and Sell Domain Names and Websites
tel within UK 0871 900 8450 :: fax 0871 900 8451
tel +49 221.420.758.156 :: fax +49 221.420.758.11
tel (US) (877)-349-5902 :: fax (212)-202-3951
email: [email protected] :: http://www.sedo.co.uk

_______________________ :: make a name for yourself.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i had a domain at sedo which was getting about $2.49 a day, over a 5 day period

moved it to DS and in the same day it made $4.00
the next day $7.00
the next day $9.00

i have seen a pattern of high cpr going down on some names from $0.79 to $0.28 from one day to the next at sedo.

you guys need to get it together!

Reaction score
biggedon said:
i had a domain at sedo which was getting about $2.49 a day, over a 5 day period

moved it to DS and in the same day it made $4.00
the next day $7.00
the next day $9.00

i have seen a pattern of high cpr going down on some names from $0.79 to $0.28 from one day to the next at sedo.

you guys need to get it together!

Well when DS start paying in euros instead of the ever decreasing dollar I'm sure they'll get a lot of interest ;)

domaindirk

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Big,

That $ounds like a good move. I tried DS with a few domains that were getting mainly US traffic, and getting about $1.00 a day/each. It took two to three days for them to optimize and got about $0.30 a day/each. After two weeks I switched them back to Sedo, and until last week, they were doing even better. Just never had any luck with them. But. I will try them again.

Thanks,
DD

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
domaindirk said:
Hi Big,

That $ounds like a good move. I tried DS with a few domains that were getting mainly US traffic, and getting about $1.00 a day/each. It took two to three days for them to optimize and got about $0.30 a day/each. After two weeks I switched them back to Sedo, and until last week, they were doing even better. Just never had any luck with them. But. I will try them again.

Thanks,
DD

rev for 03/01/05 > $13.50!
this domain had a 56% click rate @ sedo, wonder why they could only pay $2.49 a day versus the results i got once moved to DS?

it seems to be proven by others testimony, that some names do better at different ppc's.

i'm currently testing another domain at DS that averaged 48% click rate @ sedo

so it best to move them around, until you get the best results

Domainut

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am currently working on a new site that should help in shedding a little light on the values of clicks and revenue per 1000 visitors with each ppc.

http://www.parkingincome.com

I know that it will vary for each name and is far from 100% accurate but feel that this is the closest we will ever come to estimating these stats without recieving them directly from the ppc's.

hookah

Semi-Netizen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
After some days I must confirm I am back on the track now with my revenue :) Seems like it was a temporary drop.
Cheers, hookah

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom