Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

droplists.net: why are there only 3000 names on the 'Dropping Tomorrow' list??

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomCat99

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Why are there only 3000 names on the 'Dropping Tomorrow' list at droplists.net?

Domain Days 2024

furca

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The real question is why you can just click enter @ the login and access droplists.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Duncan said:
The real question is why you can just click enter @ the login and access droplists.

Yes, that is a stumper. :clap2: :lock1: it

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
TomCat99 said:
Why are there only 3000 names on the 'Dropping Tomorrow' list at droplists.net?
Perhaps the lists are being processed and are yet incomplete

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They are usually processed in the morning if I recall.

Luc

Old school
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi,

The lists are processed and FTPed from exody, and they tend to have a weird schedule.

I'd say that it's safe to download them after 2 PM USC and they are usually complete. Before that they are still being compiled.

Regarding the login issue. To make it work only for certain members I'd have to have the username/password for each DNF Exclusive to create a DB to authenticate this information during logon to Droplists. I do not have this info and I would prefer not to have it for privacy reasons so that is why anyone can logon to DropLists.net

Thanks!
Luc L.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How about creating a separate database where we can register for droplists.net? The account remains unverified until someone checks to make sure we are an exclusive member. This may take time, but I am sure you can find someone to appoint to handle the site to verify the members.

This can be done by having a DNF member registering at Droplists and then PMing a "special code" generated during Droplists signup. You can just take the time and md5() it to generate a code. The user then PM's who it says to with their Droplists login name and the code. This will activate the account.

TomCat99

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It is after 2 PM Central Time, and the 'Dropping Tomorrow' list still only has 2,800 names in it. You said after 2 PM "USC" did you mean to say UTC (Coordinated Universal Time)? "USC" is not a time zone abbreviation, I assume you meant US central time, or you might have meant UTC instead of USC?

Here is a list of Time zones and their respective abbreviations:

http://www.timeanddate.com/library/abbreviations/timezones/

At any rate, the Droplists.net 'Dropping Tomorrow' list only has 2800 names in it right now (2:37 PM CDT). It is frustrating to try to use DRT without being able to find good lists to let it process. Not having a functional "Dropping Tomorrow" list in DRT means that I have to load the 'Dropping < 6 Days' list instead, which has 178,000 names in it right now. This takes my computer 3 times as long to process (about 10 hours). it would be great if the 'Dropping Tomorrow' list on Droplists.net and the one available in Domain Research Tool (DRT) would work again.

Luc

Old school
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
TomCat99 said:
This takes my computer 3 times as long to process (about 10 hours). it would be great if the 'Dropping Tomorrow' list on Droplists.net and the one available in Domain Research Tool (DRT) would work again.

I understand your concern. This will be fixed. I will contact Exody now and attempt to resolve the issue ASAP.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Luc. Great software and great support as always. If you need some assistance running Droplists or creating a custom member system and having someone run it let me know. I will assist any way I can.

Luc

Old school
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
JDK. Thank you. Will let you know after I talk to Adam.

TomCat99

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks Luc, I just want to ad that aside from that one list not working, I have found the DRT to be an absolute work of genius! Thank you.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
TomCat99, if you like DRT you should check out sTypo Luc has already created. I own a copy of it too and have found many good typo domains. Have to watch which you go after but have made quite a bit from the typos I have reg'd.

Luc

Old school
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
TomCat99 said:
Thanks Luc, I just want to ad that aside from that one list not working, I have found the DRT to be an absolute work of genius! Thank you.

Thank you for the kind words.

And regarding sTypo. DRT now has a very powerful typo generator so there is no need for a separate tool. But thanks for the plug Doug :eek:k:

TomCat99

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If a typo does not have an ovt w/ext score, do you still reg it if you are convinced that it is a high trafic site typo, or do you pretty much stick to ovt w/ext as a rule?

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Luc said:
DRT now has a very powerful typo generator so there is no need for a separate tool. But thanks for the plug Doug :eek:k:

I guess I need to play with it more. Usually use it for my needs and don't mess with it too much.

:bounce: NP, I always enjoy spreading the words for your software

Luc

Old school
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
TomCat99 said:
If a typo does not have an ovt w/ext score, do you still reg it if you are convinced that it is a high trafic site typo, or do you pretty much stick to ovt w/ext as a rule?

I do not personally go after typos, so I can't really answer this question but I do see a lot of typos with no Overture parked at Sedo/DS. One of these days I'll reg a few to see if it's worth it.

Ian

DNF Exclusive
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I use the sType tool and it is really amazing how many typos it can generate. However, it should be pointed out that it does not generate all possible typos-u need to be careful!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom