Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Dropping LLL.com's

Status
Not open for further replies.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Quite too often, I see a LLL.com's on the drop lists. Most end up going for over $20K at auction.

My questions: Are these domains dropped by inexperienced end users? Are they small businesses that went under? Or perhaps a deceased domainer with their domains in legal limbo?

It baffles me to see a domain that someone once owned for many years, paid around $500 in reg fees (assuming the old NS $99 and $70/2 year pricing also), let go when it was possible to sell for a very high ROI.

What do you think? :confused:

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My questions: Are these domains dropped by inexperienced end users? Are they small businesses that went under? Or perhaps a deceased domainer with their domains in legal limbo?
Must be the main reasons. Plus, inaccurate/outdated whois information. Some people rely on the reminders from their registrar :eek:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
There are many dark secrets that you'd rather not know about. Numerous cases of spousal jealousy, extortion, mutilation of both thumbs, even murders. The LLL .coms that drop, each carry a lot of domainer blood on them.

But then again, everything is possible...in the Domainlight Zone.

Mike Cruz

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There are many dark secrets that you'd rather not know about. Numerous cases of spousal jealousy, extortion, mutilation of both thumbs, even murders. The LLL .coms that drop, each carry a lot of domainer blood on them.

But then again, everything is possible...in the Domainlight Zone.

LOL your parents must of loved you as a child. You have quite the imagination, entertained yourself.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I think as a kid I entertained others quite well with my stories :D Hence, DomainGang.

But to get serious, on the subject of why any domain - of apparent value - drops, anything goes. In the case of a large bank that let theirs expire, it was the mistake of their web design/hosting studio.

Never entrust others with the things that are important to you - take care of them yourself.

D

Deleted member 111831

Some people just forget to renew their domains - if it is not a live site then the six week grace period wont matter because they wont even notice it goes down. Active domainers are constantly checking this stuff but people who invested years ago can lose track. I'm sure a fair amount of them are people who have died as well. Then the occasional unfortunate soul who just has no idea wht the name is worth and decides to stop renewing it. I know when I got started domaining I had no idea why people were so interested in LLL.com's and thought one word domains that meant something were better, on any extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom