Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

For Sale Drops Over for Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

HLK

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well it finally happened, Verisign has stopped all Registrars from
dropping their names like they were.

There have been no deletions since they implemented
there new "Registry-Hold" system on Jan 25th.

(http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc11/msg01504.html)

For the first time Exody is full of names that are not available
to register.

What are we going to do until this mess gets settled?

After all, my addiction to Domains is so bad that I'm
thinking of opening a Domain Clinic for the addicts
somewhere in the mountains where we can all detox
and admit that we are" Domainaholics."

This 30 day hold time might just be the time to start....

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This sucks! I was chasing many domains that were about to drop in a week or so...:mad: Now I have to wait another freakin 30 days at least!

daniel

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So does this mean if I was using the (5) day rule for Netsol names to drop I now have to add (35) days before they drop?? Can someone please explain a little further.

Domain

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Manu
so when do domains start to drop again ? in 30 days ?

thanks

Looks like up to 30 - 35 days after a registrar requests that the domain name be deleted from the registry.

I wonder what policy determines how long a registrar can hold an expired name before they send the delete command?

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Some names did drop (well) after 2.00pm EST on 25th Jan.

(didn't they?)

Come to think of it, some dropped yesterday too. (gever.com, gorban.com, uvsi.com, nuat.net etc).

tonyk2000

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
By some reason, the following one is reported as available.
It has some japanese links to it, so 20 DNF bucks appreciated :)

Domain Name: NERD-DESIGN.COM
Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, INC.
Whois Server: whois.networksolutions.com
Referral URL: http://www.networksolutions.com
Name Server: NS-KA01.HUNAME.NE.JP
Name Server: NS-TA01.HUNAME.NE.JP
Updated Date: 22-jan-2003
Creation Date: 15-dec-1998
Expiration Date: 14-dec-2003

>>> Last update of whois database: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 05:32:36 EST <<<

The Registry database contains ONLY .COM, .NET, .EDU domains and
Registrars.

Domain not found locally, but Registry points back to local DB.
Local WHOIS DB must be out of date.

hotsauce

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I like working with flow charts....correct me if I'm wrong but the new process will look like one of the following, no:

active --> expired/onhold (1-45 days, depending on registrar) --> RGP (30 days) --> delete command (5-6 days) --> release?

or

active --> expired/onhold (1-45 days) --> RGP (30 days) --> release?

or

active --> RGP expired/onhold (min 30+ days) --> delete command (5-6 days) --> release?

It's gotta be one of those three, but I'm still iffy on the details.

tonyk2000

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I guess the following:

active --> expired --> (unpredictable number of days passes) --> registrar send delete command to the registry --> RGP (30 days) --> delete command (5-6 days) --> release

I guess if the registrar does not wish to delete the domain - like we see many grandfathered expired domains today - the domain may still not be released in reasonable time. So we should simply add 35+ days to current expected release date (depending on registrar). May be I'm wrong though...

Domain

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by tonyk2000
I guess the following:

active --> expired --> (unpredictable number of days passes) --> registrar send delete command to the registry --> RGP (30 days) --> delete command (5-6 days) --> release

So how does WLS fit into this?

During the " REDEMPTIONPERIOD" it states "Any other registrar requests to modify or otherwise update the domain will be rejected"

So WLS Domain Grabs will follow RGP as shown below, right?

active --> expired --> (unpredictable number of days passes) --> registrar send delete command to the registry --> RGP (30 days) --> WLS Domain Grab --> if no "WLS" then delete command (5-6 days) --> release

TurNIC.com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by kjohar
I like working with flow charts....correct me if I'm wrong but the new process will look like one of the following, no:

active --> expired/onhold (1-45 days, depending on registrar) --> RGP (30 days) --> delete command (5-6 days) --> release?

or

active --> expired/onhold (1-45 days) --> RGP (30 days) --> release?

or

active --> RGP expired/onhold (min 30+ days) --> delete command (5-6 days) --> release?

It's gotta be one of those three, but I'm still iffy on the details.

I think the alternative 1 seems to be right one.

Actually this new classification system has nothing new except this RGP (Redemption Grace Period also called safety net) to protect big-butt embresils who operates big businesses but forgot to pay $15 renewal fee.

Here is the process I understood:

1. The domain is not renewed, the expire dates passes and registrar puts name registrar-hold status (we will see whether some of them really will update their whois to show this line or make some gimmicks) (the domain can be renewed)

2. Depending on their existing behaviour (for stargate immediately, for netsol 5 days for others different days) they will send delete command to the registry (the domain can be renewed till the delete command sent).

3. After the registry receives delete command, it will put the name in RGP status, which is a maximum of 30 calender days (what a bullshit, they were probably doing something else in Ghana when they are discussing this. What the fcuk up to 30 days? 5 day, 10, 30, 29?), so that when big butts' email stops, his website will be down and they woke up and call registrar to call the registry to restore the name. In RGP, all requests to renew and modify the name will be ignored but the name only be restored if the registrar sends the necessary documents to the registry.

4. if there is a big butt behind the name, and if he or his registrar sends a restore request to the registry, the status will be changed to "Pendingrestore". The necessary documents should be in the registry in 7 days (we are gonna see whether this will be 7 or 70 too)

5. If there is no restore request around after this "up to 30 days" the status will be "pending delete" and the name will be purged from the shared registry's database in 5 days.

I hope this will clear the issues.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Domain names are still dropping, just have to know where to look.

DomainGoon

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by biggedon
Domain names are still dropping, just have to know where to look.

Yeah, try .TV! They probably have plenty of names dropping. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom