Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Affiliate Programs dropshipping resources - interested?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNGeeks

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm in the process of building a site that will list thousands of companies that offer dropshipping. All of the companies will be sorted into categories and if they do not have a URL they will have a phone/fax or mailing address listed.

The site will be free, this isn't going to be one of those pay "only 19.95" for a list of 10 sites that dropship for you. Adding sites has just started and we're near 700 companies and nowhere near done. I estimate around 4000 upon completion if my data entry person doesn't quit with carpal tunnel first.

So just from the members here, can you tell me your level of interest? I don't know of many sites like this but honestly I haven't really looked. I know there's a ton that try and sell information however.

Don't worry about the URL yet, I'm just interested in opinions about the idea and ideas that you think might make it better.

Thanks

Domain Days 2024

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If the directory is free then the ebayers will certainly be frequent visitors and the directory should spread like wildfire. Some suggestions , check and see if cj.com and others have some affiliate links for dropshippers , start a opt-in monthly "new additions" newsletter to snag their email and sell adverts in the newsletter , put in a rating system for the visitors to rate the dropshippers if they have experience with them. Nice idea and best of luck!

DNGeeks

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping the traffic will be from Ebayers. The ratings are a great idea and the script already has that built in. The newsletter is an idea and I'll seriously consider that. I thought about affiliate links, obviously I can't be an affiliate for every company but the more the better I suppose.

Thanks muchly for the input.

DNGeeks

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Carpal tunnel is caused by repetitive motions of the wrist, and can be caused by typing. A definition and explanation are below.

http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/carpal_tunnel/carpal_tunnel.htm

Carpal tunnel syndrome is a painful progressive condition caused by compression of a key nerve in the wrist. It occurs when the median nerve, which runs from the forearm into the hand, becomes pressed or squeezed at the wrist.

domaintalk

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I think its a perfect idea , all you will need is a resouce or market to do well.

Good luck with your campaign and do keep us updated.

DNGeeks

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just a quick update on this site for those interested. We are up to over 1000 dropshippers on the site and are also adding some content for members only. Membership will be completely free as stated already.

I hope to be able to launch August 1 with 2500 dropshippers, with the rest to be added as we can do it.

If you have any suggestions please let me know.

KwelX

The Godfather
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have seen many of these sites and IMO most are lacking real world experiences and reviews.

I think the most important aspect of having a dropshipper is having a stable and reliable dropshipper. So maybe you should look at quality instead of just quantity.

just my .02

SouthernTn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Right now im with a company who does all my dropshipping. I send in the order and they handle it, but at the moment, the electronics are too expensive and alot of people are beating me.

If you have resources to some people with cheaper electronics than im getting now, i'll definately be interested.

DNGeeks

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It would be nice to do quality, however I can't judge the top 20/50/100 out of 4000 since it's not possible to use all of those companies for long enough to get a good enough idea of what they are like.

This is why users can rate companies, and companies will be ranked by hits and ratings.

As for electronics, yes the site does has a lot of companies that do electronics dropshipping.

JEsports

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DNGeeks said:
I'm in the process of building a site that will list thousands of companies that offer dropshipping. All of the companies will be sorted into categories and if they do not have a URL they will have a phone/fax or mailing address listed.

This will be a great resource that i will be highly interested in. I would suggest that you have a way for the user to sort by only ones that have a url website ... I dont want to bother with the ones that i cant place or track orders through online. Also I would suggest that you have the capability of sorting the dropshippers by price in each category/search.

The reviews suggested previously would be a wonderful addition as well.

I look forward to joining membership when you are finished.

Regards,

John

Namefox

Namefox
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm a dropshipper myself for a few of my vendors and this would be a wonderful resource. I was planning on doing the same thing with my Dropshipping.ca domain. I wish you the best of luck and a nice "warm" winter in Winnipeg :wink:

DNGeeks

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My apologies to all since I have been lacking in updating this thread. The site is not completed yet, however I'll share the URL so users can at least take a look and see what is offered.

Progress is being hampered simply by the amount of resources we are entering. So far we've got more than 2000 dropshipping companies listed and we're still going. I had hired someone to do some of the data entry and they did not put the entries into the correct categories so that needs to be fixed as well. Of course a simple search solves those issues so feel free to (ab)use the search function.

The URL is http://www.dropshippingportal.com

Hope you enjoy what is there so far. As for winter, it's time to start the fires now ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom