Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

For Sale dropwizard only glorified snapnames?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diogenes

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I noticed that the names that are taken on snapnames are also unavilable for bidding on dropwizard. I can't blame a guy for making a buck, but is dropwizard just Gordon's snap names account, that he marks up?

Also if the name is not expired, then gordon does not monitor? No rushes to judgement here....

D.

changejobs

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
there have been many names that I have been able to put into gordons system that have already had snaps on them. Your just not quick enough.

gordon is one of the most professional people that I have dealt with in this business. He is a pleasure to work with.
larry

Originally posted by Diogenes
I noticed that the names that are taken on snapnames are also unavilable for bidding on dropwizard. I can't blame a guy for making a buck, but is dropwizard just Gordon's snap names account, that he marks up?

Also if the name is not expired, then gordon does not monitor? No rushes to judgement here....

D.

Drewbert

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
>but is dropwizard just Gordon's snap names
>account, that he marks up?

FWAAAARP!!!!

.com.net.org

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Diogenes

D.

If people really want the name, they will do anything to get it.
Including signup for all drop services that he / she know.
So, this is common.
If gordon want to use snapback to increase his chance, it's his rights to do so.
We can assume that people who signup at dropwizard don't know snapback, then gordon check that the name has not yet been snapped, he may snap it.

Nice tips for you gordon. :D

dictionaryof

Longtime DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
there have been many names that I have been able to put into gordons system that have already had snaps on them. Your just not quick enough.

Ditto.

This individual is indeed not quick enough.
(which is fine by me...) :)

DomainGoon

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Gordon will probably get a laugh out of this thread.

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Gordon did indeed get a laugh from this thread.

In fact I laughed so hard I had tears coming down.

Also if the name is not expired, then gordon does not monitor?

Well honestly. WE are an EXPIRED NAMES catcher. What would I catch with non-expired names besides eyestrain.

<start confession>

OK my deepest darkest secret.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
I have (ohhh the suspense)
>
>
>
>>
>
an unused snap (1)
>
>
>
>
>
and one of these days
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
I'm going to use it.
>
>
>>
Let the rumours begin:eek:

</end confession>

Cartoonz

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
too funny.

I have bagged $5k worth of names with my snaps!

Hey! I had to do SOMETHING with em!

Cartoonz

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
LoL

well, I just HAD to stir up SOME controversy since we have so little to do for a month!

DaddyHalbucks

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have had good success with Snap, and I have used it a fair amount. Although, it just missed one I wanted :(

I have had decent success with NameWinner, which I have used a few times. However, NW is pricey, and you lose your privacy with any public bidding system.

DropWizard is intrigueing. I haven't done much business with DropWizard, but I would like to do more. I like Gordon, and I like his website. It's great to have another alternative to SnapNames. If DropWizard can outgun SnapNames, it could become a very nice niche business..

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've now caught 4 drops in the last few days that ALL had snaps on them. Granted - I have been checking every 5 minutes - and I have lots of free time because I am homebound - but I'm still intrigued by the fact that I beat them to the names. 'Once' I could understand - but 4 times in one week is just far out.

Also - this shows that names ARE still dropping despite what we have all heard.

I don't have the answers......... but I do have the names! :D

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
'Once' I could understand - but 4 times in one week is just far out.

shoulda used dropwizard. We wouldn't make you wait a week:D

But seriously that's intriguing. Were they nsi names because they continued to drop everything in the 5 day delete cycle up to jan 25. That last drop was yesterday the 30th.

I'm not aware of any others that went!

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Gordon - I am checking right now to confirm if they were NSI names. I know atleast a couple were - but not sure about all of them yet. I will know in a little while. Also - just for the record - it didn't take me a week to get them - it took me 2 minutes - and it I did it manually - for the $7 cost of a reg fee. Like I said though - I have lots of free time. I caught all these names literally minutes after they dropped - and all had (and still have) snaps on them. :D

In addition - 4 more have dropped after the supposed cut off date of the 30th. Two yesterday - and two more today. They are not very good names though - so I haven't grabbed them. I will go try to get any further info I can. Something is definitely happening though - that wasn't 'supposed' to happen. That seems clear.

I will send you a pm later this evening - after I confirm the original registrars.

Diogenes

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was just reading whois link, and saw:

"tonbridge.com" is registered with whois.namesystem.com - Ultsearch - Snapnames

so apparently Ultsearch uses Snapnames. Maybe mythical yun yee is not much different than the rest of us (cept for his checkbook), he just does things on a largerscale, is more organized and finds more the popular names (or is that type in traffic?).

D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom