Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

DS removing paypal payment option

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah... nice step backwards guys! :yes: Did everyone else get the email?

Sure...... the direct deposit change & option is fine for US based people; but once again international based users get screwed - well done guys, really!!

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just read it. Certainly had a tremendous amount of fluff and puff before it got to that slightly important bit of info.

Doen't make too much sense.

Must be a big reason I don't use them anymore.

getaddicted

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
As an international customer its a bad thing for us. If we dont get paid by paypal...

As its a long lengthy procedure for us for clearing the cheques and all that stuff nearly 1+ month it takes for a cheque to get cleared...

I hope we get paid by paypal only.. If they dont thts the bad thing for us :(

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have no idea what they are thinking. If they believe cutting out paypal they will save fees, what are earth are they anticipating with the actual cutting, printing, and mailing of checks?

Time to be looking for someone else for the international members. I made the move quite sometime ago before their first buyout when revenue dropped by as much as 80% and no response to numerous emails.

Kind of like what's going on now.

cash2park.com

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DS is doing well for me.:yes:

Also US direcit deposit is may be good for US publishers.:lol:

But the removal of Paypal will definetely not a good one. We all NON US publishers will be effected. :disappointed:

I hope they will allow paypal atleast for NON US publishers.:?:

GoPC

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's simply guys...

Cutting paypal means they will have to RAISE the minimum payout amount.

Raising the minimum payout amount means that for 10s of 1000s of publishers, that money will sit longer in DS accounts.

10s of 1000's of $30, $50 and so on worth of cash sitting in an INTEREST BEARING account for months on end, waiting for minimums to be released, earns DS a far greater return than fast payment customer loyalty will.

Do the math...

Let's say there are 1000 users that earn around $10 per month. Little guys.

That stays on the books for say, 6 Months...

That's $60,000 bucks that's been pulling interest for DS for some time. Even at 1% that's $600 bucks a month.

Now, figure that DS has 10K of these guys, 50K... maybe even 100K.

That's a potential:
$6000 bucks a month
$30,000 or even a whopping...
$60,000 per month in earned interest

All from one simple action... dropping PayPal.

Nice eh?

GoPC

Dr Nump

Call me Doc !
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's simply guys...

Cutting paypal means they will have to RAISE the minimum payout amount.

Raising the minimum payout amount means that for 10s of 1000s of publishers, that money will sit longer in DS accounts.

10s of 1000's of $30, $50 and so on worth of cash sitting in an INTEREST BEARING account for months on end, waiting for minimums to be released, earns DS a far greater return than fast payment customer loyalty will.

Do the math...

Let's say there are 1000 users that earn around $10 per month. Little guys.

That stays on the books for say, 6 Months...

That's $60,000 bucks that's been pulling interest for DS for some time. Even at 1% that's $600 bucks a month.

Now, figure that DS has 10K of these guys, 50K... maybe even 100K.

That's a potential:
$6000 bucks a month
$30,000 or even a whopping...
$60,000 per month in earned interest

All from one simple action... dropping PayPal.

Nice eh?

GoPC

good math. Btw whats the minimum payment for bank wire/direct deposit ?

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
just dump them and move your domains to Yahoo feed. All companies with Yahoo feed are superior than DS, Sedo and the rest

alex75

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Are they removing paypal? Starting from when?

I didn't get any mails yet and tomorrow they're supposed to pay... do you guys still have paypal as payment option on your account?

audubon

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry to nitpick, but $60,000 at 1% interest (assuming you mean APY, which would be appropriate for a money market account, e.g.) isn't $600 per month--it's more like $50 per month. (But I agree with your logic!)

GoPC

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
At APR, you're totally right... but I was thinking something more agressive like a 30 day bond, high yield day trading, Forex or even domain tasting... in any scenario, they could still be using the money over time that they are NOT paying out.

But even at $50 per month... that's per 1000 users. 10,000 users is $500 per month. It goes on from there. YIKES!

As for the minimum payout, seems like I read $100 for wires/checks but I could be wrong.

GoPC

DomainingCom

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ouf! ... I feel better, so there's no relationship with the Nitendo DS my grand son is speaking me 10 hours per day.
I was wondering if the DS will even pursue me on the net, grr...!
Well I am reasured :)

somayyeh

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I prefer to move my domains any where else.
I think they want to close their parking system and invest on other business.
at all I have many problems with them in current months.
They didn,t payed me the rest of june paymeny !
:((

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you have a good relationship with your bank ( and we know the cheque is good ) I cant see why they would still not cash and credit right away. The only int. cheque I ever had a problem having cleared immediate is large 5 figs. But again I think this will be based on your current balance ;)

I also think the loss of paypal sucks, I wish it wasnt changed but what can we do but bail.

alex75

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you have a good relationship with your bank ( and we know the cheque is good ) I cant see why they would still not cash and credit right away. The only int. cheque I ever had a problem having cleared immediate is large 5 figs. But again I think this will be based on your current balance ;)

I also think the loss of paypal sucks, I wish it wasnt changed but what can we do but bail.

It also depends on the country that you are and on the bank that you use.

My bank ask a pretty big amount just to convert the US dollar into GBP, plus a fixed fee for every cheque and plus a % over the currency conversion.

However, I am thinking that maybe DS didn't remove paypal for everybody. I didn't get any mail from them and I still have PP set as payment method on my account.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My bank ask a pretty big amount just to convert the US dollar into GBP, plus a fixed fee for every cheque and plus a % over the currency conversion.
That's a very good point and even paypal's exchange rate was not very good at all and I think they even charged a fee for the processing.

If paypal is an issue, the should consider Google CheckOut. Google would jump on the opportunity to get into this.

However, a deeper concern of mine is the apparent penny pinching I percieve.

Years ago I experienced a sudden drop in PPC, by as much as 80% or more. Traffic was still excellent, some PPC was $0.00. This made no sense whatsoever and there was absolutely no response to numerous, numerous emails.

A few months later, DS was sold.

Folks, I call it like I see it. I don't call a pile of shit a bouquet of flowers simply because that is what you want it called. You'll thank me for not stepping in it.

I believe the above scenario was intentionally done to pad the books and make them appear to be a profitable company. My fear is that the same scenario is being played out.

I am to the point that I do not care if I piss these parking companies off but for too long there has been no transparency and we are at their mercy. They fail to realize that THEY exist because of us, not the other way around.

My advice is if you are unhappy, skeptical, unsure, uneasy, and beyond fed up with them, then move your domains.

In fairness to all concerned including DS, I will not even recommend another parking company to demonstrate that I have no ties or offer any endorsements to any affiliate program.

If is smells like fish, it may be sushi.

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
that's a nice post.. thanks for taking time to write this

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't seem to have received the e-mail, or didn't notice it.

I get around $130 a month from them. A check would take me 3 weeks to clear from when I bank it and I get charged a $12 fee.

I would move my domains to trafficz if this is really going through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom