Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Dwindling PPC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Over the past 3 weeks the average PPC for my 600 domains parked with Sedo has plummeted, from $0.25 down to $0.14

The effect is, that while my clicks remain the same, revenue has evaporated by almost 50%. I find it hard to believe that the upwards course of increasing revenue has stalled, particularly since we are in February.

I am not pleased with this.

maxo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Same happened to my domains, even though I have not much domains parked the ppc went down by 35%-40%. I hope Jay can somehow shed some light to the situation

gdubz

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ive also noticed some of my bigger money making names drop, anything making over 10 cents per click

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You guys use the wrong PPC, my revenue is going up

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
paulc said:
Do you mean wrong PPC company or wrong keywords?

Wrong PPC company

gdubz

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
anyone talk to jay about this? this sucks

S

SedoCoUk

There definitely hasn't been any overall decrease in our ppc accross the board. Just the opposite if anything.

Keywords can lose favor with advertisers and this will inevitably lead to lower ppc for those keywords. But they usually raise their bids on others. Its important to experiment with keywords to see which ones are currently paying out the most.

Jay
[email protected]

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
The problem is that we're seeing significant drops in revenue due to significant fluctuations in the PPC. The traffic is maintained. It takes a while to optimize keywords. Also, we cannot simply "invent" keywords to compensate for the drop in PPC payouts. I am trying to see whether this is Sedo-specific or Google-specific. Other parking companies use a wider spectrum of ad providers.

WhoDatDog

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I have a few hundred names at Sedo and haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry Theo, but I can't comment on this.
I am adding and deleting names like crazy in the past few weeks and also have a couple of domains that have "seasonal" traffic so I am not sure what is going on... :(

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
It's fairly easy to observe; all you need is compare clicks & revenue for the past months (as long as you don't mess with the portfolio).

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My total PPC income has been steady at around $3 a day and my pay per click has been steady too at around Euro 0.06 per click.

The portfolio doesn't have particularly high paying domains though.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
DNK, that sample is too small. I am talking about fluctuations from $0.35 down to $0.15

gdubz

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i have a car loan name that was making $3-5 per day, now is making $1.50. I ve been trying to experiment with new keywords, but its really hard to find good ones.
Also I think its kind of weird that i get all 10 cent clicks, and then i'll get a $2.00 click. It seems like there should be something in between. Ive havent got a $2.00 click in the last couple weeks.

financialtraffic

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Make sure you're considering the What, Which and Where.

1. What is the visitor looking for? Just because you want them to look for a car loan, they might be looking for something only slightly related.
2. Which link do they click? Visitors don't always click on the first couple listings.
3. Where are they located? The net revenue to you will differ greatly depending on what region your visitor is clicking from.

gdubz

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ive tried some different things with this name, it gets alot of traffic and alot of clicks, Im pretty sure it is all U.S traffic.

Financial Traffic, could i pm you and ask you some more specfic things about this name? I think im losing alot of money by not monetizing this correctly. I'll send you some dnfs or something

thanks

financialtraffic said:
Make sure you're considering the What, Which and Where.

1. What is the visitor looking for? Just because you want them to look for a car loan, they might be looking for something only slightly related.
2. Which link do they click? Visitors don't always click on the first couple listings.
3. Where are they located? The net revenue to you will differ greatly depending on what region your visitor is clicking from.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I hate to stir this topic again, but February has been my lowest month with Sedo since September 2005. It's been 45% down since last month.

Same hits, clicks - if not more.

PPC is LOW. Way, way low.

I don't know if it's Sedo's inability to negotiate higher rates with the advertising moguls, or Sedo's share of the $$ has been increased quietly. And I am not too fond of the new method of displaying the bonus as "inclusive" to the revenue.

Alternatives please. Not pleased in 2006.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom