Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

E-Mail catchall getting legal correspondence to former domain owners

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDunit

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I bought a catchy ***law.com and it is still receiving correspondence from other firms. I sent a round of error messages to the senders and one lawyer sent another "legal issue / question" e-mail to my admin account. What are my legal obligations and the best way to respond to this particular person to avoid any legal liabilities? Thanks in advance!

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
You should not engage in any correspondence and keep your WHOIS info up to date. This way, should any issues arise, you can prove you have nothing to do with the previous owners.

grcorp

Enthusiast
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This happens to me on occasion.

I often email them back and engage in correspondence with them. After all, I'm just a lonely guy looking for some company, right? :smilewinkgrin:

I tell them I have no idea what they're talking about (since, of course, my domain name has NOTHING to do with the reason they're sending the email!) and eventually they stop responding.

This can be a lot of fun.

copper

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This happens to me on occasion.

I often email them back and engage in correspondence with them. After all, I'm just a lonely guy looking for some company, right? :smilewinkgrin:

I tell them I have no idea what they're talking about (since, of course, my domain name has NOTHING to do with the reason they're sending the email!) and eventually they stop responding.

This can be a lot of fun.

You are EVIL :smilewinkgrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom