Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

E-mail Marketing/service Without Opt-in?

Main Domains

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Is there an e-mail marketing service that domainers use that doesn't require prior permission (subscribers)? Yes, I know that will probably be considered spam . . . but a lot of domainers do it . . . reach out to carefully selected end-users to let them know you have a related domain for sale. This can greatly improve one's chances of selling.

I would be happy to have an opt-out included in the content of the outgoing e-mail . . . so the receiver can prevent a future e-mail. Although, I don't own a lot of similar domains, so chances of that happening are slim anyway.

I'm only talking about 30-40 e-mails per day to potential end-users with relevant businesses to the domain I am selling.

Does anyone use an e-mail service that they would recommend?

Many Thanks,
MainDomains

fpforum

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
When contacting end users most people do it manually. This way they can make each email customized to the potential end user so it doesn't look like spam (not to mention, customized emails will usually get more responsive results). Your best bet is to draft up a message with some customizable spots inside (the potential buyers name, business name, domain name) and then edit that and manually send each one.

Using an email service may only bring problems, but you can always try MailChimp

Main Domains

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks, but I believe that MailChimp requires one to check a box stating they have permission.

Part of the reason I would like to use a service is to monitor the open-rate of the emails sent (reports) that the services provide. My guess is a lot of my emails sent manually are never received to the inbox, so I'd like to have a better understanding of how many of my emails sent, are actually opened.

asfas

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You can use Campayn and I think it is free for small volumes. If you get many spam complaints you will get banned, otherwise you should be fine.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

jdwaverly

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Be careful. And don't reference your personal website in the email. Otherwise prepare for auto spam filters to kick in at gmail, yahoo, etc. and start
filtering every email that goes to their customers.

One on one is definitely better.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom