Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

e-mail marketing

Status
Not open for further replies.

espinja

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi, everyone...

I've recently upgraded my Wild West Domains reseller account to "super reseller." I figured this is a good time to reconsider an e-mail campaign for new customers, especially during the holidays...

I know we all hate spam and bulk e-mail, but e-mail marketing is still a profitable venture. After all, the "big boys" (like Topica, Vertical Response, etc.) aren't in the business of losing money...

So...

I've found a couple of opt-in and double-opt-in companies, and one seems particularly impressive. If I post their url here, would some of you be willing to check out their site, and share your opinions with me?

If they seem reputable, I'll buy a list, and run a couple of campaigns. If the recipients are, in fact, opt-in subscribers, then I'll run a 5,000 message campaign for each of you who helped me research this, as a show of gratitude.

I, of course, will run the campaigns at my expense, and I alone will bear the legal responsibility of running a clean campaign, in the same manner as Topica, Vertical Response, WhatCounts, Wild West E-Mail Express, etc.

For reference, a 5,000 message campaign with Wild West's Express E-Mail marketing service, retailing at $29.95.

So... Is anyone interested? Reply here, or PM me, and I'll give you more details.

Thanks for your time..!

Joe E.

-----------------------

P.S.: I haven't included any links/urls to the companies I referred to, because I don't want this message to be misconstrued as some sort of advertisement. I'm just trying to find a valid source of e-mail leads, so naming the companies isn't necessary, yet.

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is no such thing as a reputable company offering an opt-in list for sale. The very fact that it is for sale means it is not opt-in, as the term only applies to the list subscribers actually opted in to.

What you are talking about, in no uncertain terms is spam. If you buy a list and send mailings to it, and even go a step further by sending other people's mailings out to it in lieu of money for services rendered, you are a spammer.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but if you listen to me you will save yourself a lot of grief. Abandon this idea and be more innovative in your marketing.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree with MovieDomains, once you have bought a list of email addresses, it is no longer opt-in and it becomes spamming

espinja

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
MovieDomains said:
There is no such thing as a reputable company offering an opt-in list for sale. The very fact that it is for sale means it is not opt-in, as the term only applies to the list subscribers actually opted in to.

What you are talking about, in no uncertain terms is spam. If you buy a list and send mailings to it, and even go a step further by sending other people's mailings out to it in lieu of money for services rendered, you are a spammer.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but if you listen to me you will save yourself a lot of grief. Abandon this idea and be more innovative in your marketing.

Whoops... Sorry about the confusion I created with my initial posting...

I should have never said, "buy." The company sends the e-mail to list members, they don't give the list to me.

Also, when I included the 5,000 names for $29.95 line, I was referring to the e-mail marketing functionality from my Wild West Domains storefront.

Sorry about the mix-up.

I guess that answers my questions, though... Thanks for your input..!

Sincerely,

Joe E.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I disagree. Have you guys never heard of "leads"? Very legitimate and very profitable business.

espinja

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Steen said:
I disagree. Have you guys never heard of "leads"? Very legitimate and very profitable business.

Okay, so the topic is still subjective, from what I can see...

:)

Steen, would you be willing to take a look, with me? I know the subject of spam is a touchy one, but curiosity will kill me, if I don't try e-mail marketing at least once in my life...

:)

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You senda to me I puncha your nose :-D

JEsports

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Trust me when I say this, If you want to have a nice advertising campaign then spend your money wisely with a banner advertisement on a suitable website ... this one here (Dnforum) is a good example. If you want to ruin any sort of consumer reputation for your business then proceed with your fancy wording for this "spam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom