Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

E-mail or Phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChristinaInCanada

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering how you approach domain name sales. Do you use mostly e-mail to contact? Or the phone? I've only been using e-mail and am pretty happy with the results so far, but I'm wondering if it's a 'done' thing to call...

Thanks,
Christina

furca

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've never used phone during a sale, of course I haven't had a "big" sale yet.

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
christina, if you can't get through via e-mail.. sure why not use the phone... just make it good when you do get a hold of whoever you are looking for because nobody likes to have their time wasted.

Varchar

ArcadeScript.Com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Christina,

Actually, I have been asking the same question all the time. How do people approach domian name sales? I don't have much luck with email so far, I guess I am still discovering. I'd never try phone though. May I ask if you have any special techniques to email the potential buyers?

Usually buyers will email me, I give my selling price, then negotiate back and forth. Usually when we have agreed upon a price, the buyer will change his mind or disappeared. :p

Thanks.

ChristinaInCanada said:
I'm wondering how you approach domain name sales. Do you use mostly e-mail to contact? Or the phone? I've only been using e-mail and am pretty happy with the results so far, but I'm wondering if it's a 'done' thing to call...

Thanks,
Christina

ChristinaInCanada

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Interesting...so far I've only used e-mail too and I've made a couple of decent sales. :) I just prefer e-mail and as Mike mentioned - no one likes having their time wasted on the phone. An e-mail is quick to reply to or just delete if they're not interested.

Thanks for the feedback!

ChristinaInCanada

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I feel more comfortable with email too, Lilian. :) Just wanted to see the opinions of everyone else - thanks for the help, everyone!

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
email is more comfortable, but at times if you are making a bigger sale the phone can work very well

I also like using MSN/Yahoo/ICQ Messenger because it gives that real time communication without having to worry about the more personal side

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would prefer email. I am not shy on the phone so personally either I would be up for. Email doesn't put people on the spot. I would email then if negotiations continue to speak directly on the phone. Or as mentioned above, on a chat client.

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
jdk said:
I would prefer email. I am not shy on the phone so personally either I would be up for. Email doesn't put people on the spot. I would email then if negotiations continue to speak directly on the phone. Or as mentioned above, on a chat client.

jdk, i like your avatar.. it is very cool :)

Nova

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Email, yes. Avatar, cool. Phone, not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom