Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Easiest Web Design Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rarethings

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have used dreamweaver in the past, which was nice, but not the easiest web design program to use. Can anyone recommend me a really easy web design program? (I also tried homesite 5.5 which was nice, but also still a bit complex). I heard coffeecup was very easy. I am looking for a program that is basically "plug and play" for web designer's (a built-in FTP would also be a big plus)...

Domain Days 2024

Bender

Bending
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:)
In my opinion you should use dreamweaver, even if it means a little extra efforts.
It's the industry standard, along with Photoshop for graphics.
Homesite 5.5 is good for programmers.

Rascagua

Flash Nerd
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Or NetObjects Fusion... Which is for begginers.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am surprised fusion is still around...
I used it in 97-98, and it was easy and powerful at the time.
dreamweaver if used for simple things is pretty simple IMO

Rarethings

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thanks for the input guys... Dreamweaver is, I agree the best web design program out there. Not to mention support for MM flash 8, etc.

But I'm looking for a program where I can basically plug in scripts, or take my pre-edited templates (done with photoshop) and plug them in, add a few touches, and go live with the site.

Any other suggesstions?

Also has anyone ever used coffecup? (5 stars on download.com)?

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
take my pre-edited templates (done with photoshop) and plug them in, add a few touches, and go live with the site

That is very easy to do in Dreamweaver...I don't think you will find a program that can do it any faster.

Rarethings

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"That is very easy to do in Dreamweaver...I don't think you will find a program that can do it any faster."

I guess I just don't know how to do it...

Which brings me to my next point.

Does anyone know of a really good dreamweaver tutorial? I looked at the one that macromedia provided, and it looked very intimidating.

If not, I may give coffeecup a try, just because it seems so simple, and the layout is also very beginner-esque.

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How's this for ease... open your web site in a browser, hit the edit button in your tool bar, log in, make your change, hit save, and exit out. If you want one program that does it all, it doesn't get any easier than Microsoft FrontPage. Though FP has it's baggage in other areas, it sounds like what you are looking for.

Rarethings

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have tried frontpage before. I agree that it is very good for extensions, but I think dreamweaver wins there hands down.

Nametrader just recommended a program called site spinner to me (V2), which looks VERY easy to use. Any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom