Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

eBay Advice Needed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DotDealers

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Okay... I am ready to take the leap and give eBay a try. Is there anybody here that has had success selling domains on eBay? I would love a little advice, like;

- Minimum Bid (Good or Bad?)
- Reserve (Good or Bad?)
- Pay extra to be listed first?
- List in Domain Section and Business4Sale Section?
- Anything else I should know?

I have about 600 domains, but I was thinking of just try to sell 20 or so that I just created logos for and sell them as a package. You can see them here. Do you think it is best to sell them together or individually? I would love to find a way where I can try and sell some domains and at the same time, get them to check-out my site as well.

Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Doug Dillard
P.S. Do you think I could make at least $1,000 for that collection?

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
With your domain names collection, you have to develop a logo and website for you to sell this a bit higher.

Cheers,
tw

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DotDealers,

I say, it is more appealing to ebay to buy a domain with developed website and a higher value to auction.

By the way, the names you mention is not part of your original list.

Cheers,
tw

adoptabledomains

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You can sell domains on ebay, but I've pretty much quit doing so due to the listing fees. If I listed 20 domains, I'd probably sell 4-5, but have listing fees on all 20 and commissions on the ones sold. most of the buyers there are not users, but speculators looking for bargains.

My best sales on Ebay have been from those NOT just put in the domains section, but those put in a related category where an end user may see and want it. For example, I might put photoexplorer.com in the camera section, and scubadeal.com in the scuba gear section. Featuring a domain is risky unless it really is a high profile domain due to cost.

cjmacd

iwebwork.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Okay... I am ready to take the leap and give eBay a try. Is there anybody here that has had success selling domains on eBay? I would love a little advice, like;

- Minimum Bid (Good or Bad?)
- Reserve (Good or Bad?)
- Pay extra to be listed first?
- List in Domain Section and Business4Sale Section?
- Anything else I should know?

I have about 600 domains, but I was thinking of just try to sell 20 or so that I just created logos for and sell them as a package. You can see them here. Do you think it is best to sell them together or individually? I would love to find a way where I can try and sell some domains and at the same time, get them to check-out my site as well.

Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

DotDealers

I have been selling on eBay for 3 years now, put me on an IM and I’ll definitely help you out.

It could be possible to get 1000 for that all depends on how it is marketed, and how you set up the ad.

If you'd like I can help you sell them :)

here's an example of one I’m doing

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=11153&item=3402288285

if you really want to learn alot about online marketing / eBay selling you should check out this auction
the eBay eBooks are amazing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=318&item=2509297382

email me and I’ll send you one of then to get you started.

but anyone please, feel free to ask me anything about eBay, it feels nice to help :)

Best
-Cjmacd

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom