Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

eBay....am I missing something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've only placed a couple auctions at ebay, but I haven't in a long time. I was going to put up a domain tonight, but when I found out they wanted about $45 to list, I backed out. Why is it so expensive?. I didn't even get all those extra options. I guess its because I put a 5k reserve price, but $45???. How is it that I see so many auctions for SEVERAL domains by the same people with high reserves. Are they all spending that kind of money to place items?. Are they insane!?.. :)

RMF

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ebay fees are structured that way because they want you to start the auction at 5k and not use a reserve.
For some reason the bidders seem to prefer to see how much they could bid and have a chance of being successful

It is impossible to comprehend the motives of some people on ebay. Maybe they do it with a fake cc or maybe they are loonies.
Who knows.

WebCat

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
And even weirder.... sometimes there's semi-decent names that sell cheap, and sometime real crap that sells high!

Doh! :goofy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom