Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

eBay Auction Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi, Im new to the ebay world. I thought I read somewhere it costs money for each picture you include on your auction site. Does ebay charge you even if you host the pictures on your own server?.

RMF

lux

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The first picture is free. Any other pictures are 0.15 each, I believe.

However, eBay doesn't charge you if you host the pictures on your own server. But you'd need to use html to include them in the auction.

Hope that helps,

Cynthia

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks. You wouldn't happen to know how long it takes for an item to be listed in the search results would you?. I started an auction about an hour and a half ago, and the 7 day auction has started, but if I do a search for my auction, I can't find it.

RMF

C

CrazyEddie

Should be there already. Stay away from selling domains on Ebay. Not worth the fees more times then not.

Darkfire001

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes most domains dont sell and when they do generally they are not for much. It would be better to throw up a simple website and sell it for like 10 times as much.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I put a few on Ebay for the first time this week. Not because I expect them to sell (they rarely do for even a halfway decent price on Ebay), but because I wanted to use the auction page as cheap advertising for my resale site and my registration site. It is hard to buy net advertising that gets that many hits for just 30 cents a week per listing.

Otherwise Ebay seems to be pretty worthless for selling names.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by spietreser
Has anyone ever sold a domain name at eBay for over let's say $1500 ?

I sold LQ.com for $12.5K on Ebay. Turns out I sold it too cheap.

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
Originally posted by spietreser
Has anyone ever sold a domain name at eBay for over let's say $1500 ?

I use ebay as a dumping ground. .

-Bob

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Bob

I use ebay as a dumping ground. .

-Bob

Yep, it's a domain cemetery where you can offload your crappy names that are not worth the renewal fees, or you just simply got got tired off of seeing them.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Quite honestly, with the new DN Forum Bux auctions, you would do better dumping those names here. Each DNF point is bringing 2.5-3 cents in cash and a lot of domains are going for $250-$500 DNF Bux - or about $7.50- $15 in cash value - that is better than Ebay will deliver in most cases. For example tonight JR1.net went for $5.53 on Ebay. I bet that would have pulled 500 DNB here, This is the new marketplace for low end names (and it's a lot more fun here too)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom