Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

EBay changes its feedback rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warrior

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Starting May 19th, Ebay changed its feedback rules;

==========================================

Important changes to Feedback

Buyers, you can no longer receive negative or neutral Feedback from sellers.

You should leave honest and accurate Feedback without the fear of receiving negative or neutral ratings.

=============================

As a buyer, I feel this is LONG overdue.

JP

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What about when a buyer does not pay for an auction?

I like the new rules. Including the ones where sellers can report buyers to eBay who are going to be more strict on the buyers.

Warrior

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What about when a buyer does not pay for an auction?

I like the new rules. Including the ones where sellers can report buyers to eBay who are going to be more strict on the buyers.

Agree, Ebay does has a system in place for non paying bidders, Bidders are issued infractions if they cant provide proof of payment. I believe Ebay operates under the 3 strikes rule, 3 NPB's and your out.

I'm mainly a buyer on Ebay and like many others I've been burned by deceptive sellers. Ebay has long had a problem with deceptive and dishonest sellers, more so than buyers who dont pay, I think buyer confidence is extremely important to the survival of Ebay, if it were to deteriorate, so will the company.

They need a accurate Feedback system, Not a system where buyers don't post negative feedback for fear of having retaliatory Feedback left for them.

rentdn

T_T
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What about buyer who is filling paypal disputes for just getting funds back and keep products for free ?

Warrior

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What about buyer who is filling paypal disputes for just getting funds back and keep products for free ?

Sellers can protect themselves against chargebacks, you just have to know how... Sending a product without a tracking number or delivery confirmation, your just asking for trouble.

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Damn it, where am I going to sell sperm now?

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
And ship to a CONFIRMED address. I think Paypal requires Signature confirmation on items over $250.

Overall, I think the change is good. I have always held off on giving negative or neutral feedback for sellers b/c of retaliation.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When I used to sell on half.com I *always* used confirmation. I had one person claim that they didn't receive the item but I showed them the tracking information and that they signed for it. It is well worth it and protects you from charge backs.

Area52

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
They recently got a new ceo, and it shows. Unbelievably poor business decision. Everybody knows it except management. I have a feeling a big fight will ensue. After all, ebay collects fees from the seller and nothing from the buyer. I find it hard to believe that they will not be forced to rescind this change, especially if the stock price takes a dive.

Last edited:

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'll tell you a story. Half.com charges a set amount of shipping however, they do not reimburse the seller the full amount it costs to ship an item with confirmation on the package.

I emailed them regarding this and their response was that if I didnt like it I could sell on eBay. They also said they take a percentage to pay for the buyer insurance policy.

Warrior

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
When I used to sell on half.com I *always* used confirmation. I had one person claim that they didn't receive the item but I showed them the tracking information and that they signed for it. It is well worth it and protects you from charge backs.

Exactly, Paypal offers a security page on selling safely. Most newbie sellers dont bother reading it until they get hit with a chargeback.

After all, ebay collects fees from the seller and nothing from the buyer.

Of course, Ebay needs more buyers than they do sellers. To charge the buyer anything would be suicide for Ebay.

Ever wonder why singles bars allow the Ladies in for free? to draw in more Ladies, If your straight and looking to get laid, who wants to go into a bar with more dudes than babes?

Last edited:

DomainBELL

DomainBELL.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
why did the numbers change... rating ??

mine was (64) a couple days ago and then today I noticed it had jumped up to 204.... what change did eBay make that made that occur...

I had a low number even though there had been just under 500 transaction on eBay in the past 12 months... most from the same seller...

any idea what changed ??
did your numbers change ??

~DomainBELL (Patricia0

Aluminum Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
why did the numbers change... rating ??
I believe they credited multiple feedback from individual users.

I don't like the change that prevents sellers from giving negative feedback to buyers. I recently "sold" an item, buyer did not pay, after several weeks I politely reminded buyer to pay, he responded "will pay this week", I waited a week then reported non-paying buyer to eBay and requested refund of final value selling fees. Ebay approved refund. "Buyer" then gave me negative feedback. Checkmate.

picassoface

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ebay has been useless to me for a while now (for selling). The new feedback rules just confirm it. I use craigslist.org and sell locally for FREE.

Aluminum Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Have you, or anyone else, had any success selling domains on craigslist?

Last edited:

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Have you, or anyone else, had any success selling domains on craigslist?

would like to know this as well...

picassoface

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
not good for domains....collectibles and art, books, midcentury mod furniture etc.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom