Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

eBay fraud :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

diederik

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi all, hope you can help me on this matter.

I have 'won' two auctions with 4 lacoste polo's each on eBay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3914713432&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT and http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3914713516&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT)

The following line in his auction is very important :
Ou will get exactly what you see in the pictures and i guarantee a FULL REFUND. Winner Must add $15 for shipping and $20 for international shipping

I received the items today (8 polos total) but the polos are
1. Definately fake
2. Poor quality
3. All different sizes, while I ordered XL - All the tags say XL , though but that's bull*
4. All different colors, which I did not order ( and don't want ).

So - I want my money back, I paid almost 150 bucks for the shirts, and they're really useless

I contacted the seller and this was his reply :
i sent you most of the colors shown in the auction. i might of sent you some incorrect colors due to many orders i get everyday. yo u can send those back and i can exchange for the correct size. the shirrts are authentic and are made overseas where labor is cheap and have very minor differences. i wont do a refund but i will do an exchange. its your problem and next time you should ask all questions before the auctrion ends

Well, I did not agree ofcourse. I'm not going to ship the items back from the Netherlands, since
A. I do not trust him and don't think he'll send new items
B. Not going to pay $30 extra shipping (I'm in The Netherlands), it's not my fault.

I contacted him that I'll file a complaint with eBay and PayPal. This is his reply :
paypal cant help you. they only help if you didnt get the merchandise.. they have nothing to do with items not described ..so have fun.

I then filed a complaint with PayPal, but received this (automatic) e-mail back :
As stated in our User Agreement, PayPal's Buyer Complaint Policy only applies to the shipment of goods and does not apply to disputes about the attributes or quality of goods received. Therefore, we regret to inform you that we are unable to reverse this transaction or issue a refund.

That's ridiculous - if someone sends a brick in a box and ship it to me, he's safe ?!?!
I then called the PayPal to verify this, and the lady confirmed that I could not get anything back.

I filed a complaint with eBay aswell, but am waiting on a response.

Does anybody got an idea what to do ? your help is appreciated !!
(sorry for the long story)

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Giving the seller Negative feedback will certainly help other buyers

Jazz

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
if you paid with credit card, you have 60 days to do a chargeback

diederik

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Jazz said:
if you paid with credit card, you have 60 days to do a chargeback

I paid using PayPal, with most of the fees through credit card, so I can do that. Just a little worried they'll shut down my PayPal account

Jazz

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I may be wrong on this, but I don't believe they shut down accounts who have initiated the chargebacks, they shut down accounts of sellers who have histories of getting too many chargebacks because they obviously are the ones who are defrauding paying customers.

diederik said:
I paid using PayPal, with most of the fees through credit card, so I can do that. Just a little worried they'll shut down my PayPal account

Laird Mobi

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If i were you get onto Ebay bombard them with complaints (at least 1 a day) until they respond, although they brag that fraud will not be tolerated on Ebay, they do not enforce their policies. I have complained many times before about their slow response to Fraud.

But in the end, it's the risk of using Ebay, and the luck of the draw to wether you get a good seller or a bad one.

Another thing to do, is because they are fraudulent copies get in contact with Lacoste personally, and they will shut him down for sure! You never know they may chuck you a few 'gifts' in return for your troubles.

diederik

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
aggieuk said:
Another thing to do, is because they are fraudulent copies get in contact with Lacoste personally, and they will shut him down for sure! You never know they may chuck you a few 'gifts' in return for your troubles.

Good idea :)

Thanks

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Paypal WILL lock funds in an account that initiated a chargeback, so be very careful. Only do that if you really want to stop using that Paypal account. I never buy consumer goods off Ebay.

Rob_W

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you paid through PAYPAL, and have buyer protection, you can get a full refund back...

I bought some HU satellite cards for $150 US and when I received them they were no good ( burned cards ) anyway I contacted PAYPAL and had to send them the cards in Omaha... and they deducted it from the sellers account.

it took about 3 weeks, but I did get my $'s back

ROB

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom