Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

eBay pricing structure raised! Your help is needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tekz999

All ebayers have received the announcement by ebay about the new pricing structure, and hell I am furious about it :angry:

First, take a look at:
http://www2.ebay.com/aw/marketing.shtml#2005-01-12075944

Now you can protest against it!
Contacted them by email.

Click "Help" on the right hand top menu
Under the "eBay Help" box on left, click "Contact us"
Choose
1. >> Ask about selling or bidding (for sellers only)
2. >> Billing and selling fees
3. >> Ask about selling fees

Bingo! Write them your opinion about how ebay charges us initial fee + final value fee + paypal fee are already 1/4 - 1/3 of our profit!! Your opinion will be heard!

What I also did was before sending a message, I have clearly requested them to send my opinoins to the administration/management level. As those email representatives do not have the enough power to do this change.

eBay sellers! Fight for yourself!

Best,
Gilbert

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The best way to fight it is not to list anything. I haven't posted anything there in a while. I find the old prices expensive. If anything, they should have made it cheaper to sell on it.

mark

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i received the above email also and have replied indicating my dissatisfaction with the changes. continual price increases are the number one reason ebay is driving away many of the mom and pop type sellers who were responsible for their initial success.

Flexi Web Host

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
They must be getting ready to buy another company, that's the ussual reason ebay up their prices.

It was put to them in the past regarding the fee structur, they chould at least make paypal tranactions free if it is payment for an auction on ebay, it would be easy enough to implement but no ebay are really too greedy.

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I guess when you are a monopolistic bohemoth, you can double your fees with relative impunity

Kevin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"I guess when you are a monopolistic behemoth you can double your fees with relative impunity"

-- Movie Domains

--------------------------------------

Well said, Movie Domains.

Ebay continues to grow and to increase their dominance in spite of any problems that they experience or any price increases that they introduce.

JEsports

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes ... I am very pissed at this as well ... especially when you are trying to sell in high volume at very low prices. My god, there fee's were already too high. I'm going to start putting more and more auctions on Overstock ... hopefully the buyers will come eventually.

jojoyohan

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Considering ebay has millions of auctions at about any given time do they really need any more money?

OgieOgalthorpe

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't sell close to what I did a few years ago but this sure looks like a nice chunk of change.

mkx

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I can't wait until eBay gets replaced. Their customer service stinks. They make millions of dollars a day and don't even have phone support for their safe harbor and take 4 days to reply to emails.

At least PayPal has phone support

freestyler

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
MovieDomains said:
I guess when you are a monopolistic bohemoth, you can double your fees with relative impunity

yup totally agree.

mark

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i for one will be supporting the next company who starts off like ebay did in the beginning, and then keeps their prices low for sellers. they (ebay) need to quit thinking like a rockefeller, and start thinking like sam walton--at least he knew that low prices can actually make more money in the long run.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
never listed or bought anything on their site!

always though it was a rip-off from the beginning.

T

tekz999

WE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the email I got from ebay:

A Message from Bill Cobb

Since becoming the President of eBay North America in December, I've spent a lot of time listening to you, our Community. There's a lot on your minds right now. I've been taking it all in and thinking hard about how we can make sure eBay remains a fun, safe place to trade, and a prosperous home for our many dedicated sellers.

One of the issues I've heard a lot about is our recent fee increases, particularly the increase in Store Inventory Format final value fees. I've also heard concerns about customer support, the amount of change we make to the site on a regular basis, and trust and safety. We're listening to everything you have to say.

eBay has become a hugely successful marketplace as a result of the innovation, enthusiasm and hard work of our Community. The site has also become more complex as it has grown to meet many of your needs. So our challenge is to keep pace with the Community's changing requirements, while preserving the things that make eBay so special. With that in mind, I'd like to give you a preview of some upcoming changes for the United States and Canada.

eBay has a fantastic Customer Support team, but Meg and I agree we haven't invested enough in giving our CS reps the flexibility and tools they need to really take care of you. So, to start, within the next 90 days, we'll shut down most of our automated email responses. Our users will get a "real" e-mail response to their questions - you'll hear from a human being who will try to help you with your problem or question right off the bat. We will only use auto responses to acknowledge receipt of spam or policy violation reports.

We also think the time has come to expand phone support. Currently phone support is available only to Silver, Gold, Platinum and Titanium PowerSellers. Starting April 1, all eBay Stores owners also will have access to phone support. We'll provide details on the benefits of phone support to Stores owners soon.

We know pricing is a critical issue for our sellers. While we stand behind our decision to increase final value fees on Store Inventory Format listings - because they make sense for items that list with insertion fees of two cents - I know this increase has been difficult for some of our sellers. To reward our eBay Stores sellers, we'll be crediting $15.95 - a month's Basic Stores subscription - in May to all sellers who operated an eBay Store for the month of April. Stores owners will receive more details on this soon.

We also want to do something for the rest of our sellers. I'm happy to announce that effective at midnight tonight, eBay.com and eBay.ca will reduce minimum insertion fees for Auction-Style listings, Fixed Price, Motors Non-Vehicle and B&I non-Capital Equipment Categories from 30 cents to 25 cents (CA$0.35 to CA$0.30). eBay Germany has always used this pricing, and users there have benefited from higher conversion rates on items with lower starting bids.

One of the great things about eBay is the candor and passion of our Community. Your input keeps this company focused on what's right and important. Later this month, I'll be hosting an online meeting to hear more from you. You'll see more details on the Announcement Board soon. And I'll periodically post notes like this one to talk about issues of importance to all of us.

eBay has never stopped listening to our users and we never will. I know many of you already have Meg's e-mail address and frequently send her messages about things you care about. I hope you will do the same with me. My e-mail address is [email protected]. I promise I'll read every e-mail. And most of all, I'll listen.

Sincerely,

Bill Cobb
President
eBay North America

This administrative email was sent from eBay, based on your account at www.ebay.com. You are subscribed as [email protected]

As outlined in our User Agreement, eBay will periodically send you information about site changes & enhancements. Visit our Privacy Policy and User Agreement if you have any questions.

eBay will not request personal data (password, credit card/bank numbers) in an email.
Protect yourself from Spoof (fake) e-mails. Learn More.

Copyright © 2005 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.
eBay and the eBay logo are trademarks of eBay Inc.
eBay is located at 2145 Hamilton Avenue, San Jose, CA 95125.

Dr. Domaining

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A good move on their part.

tekz999 said:
WE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the email I got from ebay:

A Message from Bill Cobb

Since becoming the President of eBay North America in December, I've spent a lot of time listening to you, our Community. There's a lot on your minds right now. I've been taking it all in and thinking hard about how we can make sure eBay remains a fun, safe place to trade, and a prosperous home for our many dedicated sellers.

One of the issues I've heard a lot about is our recent fee increases, particularly the increase in Store Inventory Format final value fees. I've also heard concerns about customer support, the amount of change we make to the site on a regular basis, and trust and safety. We're listening to everything you have to say.

eBay has become a hugely successful marketplace as a result of the innovation, enthusiasm and hard work of our Community. The site has also become more complex as it has grown to meet many of your needs. So our challenge is to keep pace with the Community's changing requirements, while preserving the things that make eBay so special. With that in mind, I'd like to give you a preview of some upcoming changes for the United States and Canada.

eBay has a fantastic Customer Support team, but Meg and I agree we haven't invested enough in giving our CS reps the flexibility and tools they need to really take care of you. So, to start, within the next 90 days, we'll shut down most of our automated email responses. Our users will get a "real" e-mail response to their questions - you'll hear from a human being who will try to help you with your problem or question right off the bat. We will only use auto responses to acknowledge receipt of spam or policy violation reports.

We also think the time has come to expand phone support. Currently phone support is available only to Silver, Gold, Platinum and Titanium PowerSellers. Starting April 1, all eBay Stores owners also will have access to phone support. We'll provide details on the benefits of phone support to Stores owners soon.

We know pricing is a critical issue for our sellers. While we stand behind our decision to increase final value fees on Store Inventory Format listings - because they make sense for items that list with insertion fees of two cents - I know this increase has been difficult for some of our sellers. To reward our eBay Stores sellers, we'll be crediting $15.95 - a month's Basic Stores subscription - in May to all sellers who operated an eBay Store for the month of April. Stores owners will receive more details on this soon.

We also want to do something for the rest of our sellers. I'm happy to announce that effective at midnight tonight, eBay.com and eBay.ca will reduce minimum insertion fees for Auction-Style listings, Fixed Price, Motors Non-Vehicle and B&I non-Capital Equipment Categories from 30 cents to 25 cents (CA$0.35 to CA$0.30). eBay Germany has always used this pricing, and users there have benefited from higher conversion rates on items with lower starting bids.

One of the great things about eBay is the candor and passion of our Community. Your input keeps this company focused on what's right and important. Later this month, I'll be hosting an online meeting to hear more from you. You'll see more details on the Announcement Board soon. And I'll periodically post notes like this one to talk about issues of importance to all of us.

eBay has never stopped listening to our users and we never will. I know many of you already have Meg's e-mail address and frequently send her messages about things you care about. I hope you will do the same with me. My e-mail address is [email protected]. I promise I'll read every e-mail. And most of all, I'll listen.

Sincerely,

Bill Cobb
President
eBay North America

This administrative email was sent from eBay, based on your account at www.ebay.com. You are subscribed as [email protected]

As outlined in our User Agreement, eBay will periodically send you information about site changes & enhancements. Visit our Privacy Policy and User Agreement if you have any questions.

eBay will not request personal data (password, credit card/bank numbers) in an email.
Protect yourself from Spoof (fake) e-mails. Learn More.

Copyright © 2005 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.
eBay and the eBay logo are trademarks of eBay Inc.
eBay is located at 2145 Hamilton Avenue, San Jose, CA 95125.

urbanvilla

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
That wot happens with a monopoly,because basically thats wot they have around the world apart from one country Japan,they cannot break yahoos stranglehold there and have given up completely on Japan.

I think as ebay get cheekier with their prices there will be no option but to oppose them with a rival site,but that needs support from other buyers and sellers from ebay but as you know its a dog eat dog world out there it will not happen as people are greedy,why would they sell something for $10.00 when they could get $50.00 on ebay,That is why ebay are not worried about so called competition and hike their charges up.

Example i know someone who buys off one of the other smaller auction sites and sells on ebay for more cash,good idea and they are making money from it !

So all of us who hope there will be an ebay serious rival can think again !

Regards

Wes

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom