Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

eBay selling of a domain name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave44

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Recently a domain name, Inventions.com, "sold" on e-bay for $650,300.00. There were many high number bidders. Six bidders above $100,000.

My question is: How did so many serious bidders, bidding serious money, know about the auction on such short notice (the 10 days of the auction)? Was the auction advertised somewhere? I would assume people would have to put together a business plan to buy such a domain name for that kind of money. Am I missing something?

Dave44

Domain Days 2024

martialtiger

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's possible that that name was not sold the first time around and may have been relisted. Also I'm sure that it was advertised across other sites as well just like how DNF has an external auctions board. Whatever the case maybe, I wish I was the domain holder.

financialtraffic

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Dave44 said:
Recently a domain name, Inventions.com, "sold" on e-bay for $650,300.00. There were many high number bidders. Six bidders above $100,000.

My question is: How did so many serious bidders, bidding serious money, know about the auction on such short notice (the 10 days of the auction)? Was the auction advertised somewhere? I would assume people would have to put together a business plan to buy such a domain name for that kind of money. Am I missing something?

Dave44

It could easily be that the seller had a list of those who had previously indicated interest in the domain.
However, I don't believe this was a legit/completed sale. No ownership has changed since the auction.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Dave44 said:

Dave44
Are you not aware of how popular ebay is? It's a household name.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I know I usually check eBay once ever-other day to see what is up for sale. I use eBay to sell names too. Why? Because of the reach you will receive when listing your name there opposed on a handful of forums. Of course, on the forums you would receive a lot more targeted advertising.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom