Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

eek, Sedo charging too much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unregistered

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I placed a name for sale there at fixed price $200 and received an offer few days ago.

I downloaded their transferral agreement and go through the details, oops! .. jesus! their min. charge for each domain is $100!

wow, it's too much for me. they take 50% of the final price!!!

:dead: :mad:

Unregistered

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yes, it's ridicious!

wyvern

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Come on guys....when you enter the first page to sell your domains (Click on "Sell your domain or website"), the third paragraph down (which you can see without scrolling) says

If your domain sells through Sedo, you will be asked to pay a 10% commission fee (or a minimum of $100), in exchange for which Sedo will handle the transaction and transfer of the domain through our 100% secure escrow system.

What's not to understand? They are in business to make money....if you want to use their services, you've got to pay their prices. If you want to pay them only 30%, then charge $300+ for the website.

There are other sites around that will let you sell for less, but will you get the audience looking at your site that Sedo gives you? I doubt it.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
FYI: GreatDomains.com used to charge 15% or $125 minimum.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
if i sell a domain for 1k or more, i would be happy with the 10% fee

.biz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
In my experience, I was asking for net 5K for a domain and the buyer want to pay 5K, but then I'll get only 4.5K. I asked the buyer to pay 5.5K, but he won't. I asked him to use escrow, and he won't. He prefer to use sedo. So, I cancelled the deal.

Moreover, sedo takes about 2 months to release the fund.

anyway, sedo is one of the better places to buy/sell domains.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by .biz
In my experience, I was asking for net 5K for a domain and the buyer want to pay 5K, but then I'll get only 4.5K. I asked the buyer to pay 5.5K, but he won't. I asked him to use escrow, and he won't. He prefer to use sedo. So, I cancelled the deal.

Moreover, sedo takes about 2 months to release the fund.
You actually cancelled a sale for the difference of $500 (out of a $5,000 deal or just 10%)? Maybe not the best decision ... don't know ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom