Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

effect of getting dmoz listed

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNFreek

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
how much in terms of $$ a site value increases if it gets listed at dmoz

Domain Days 2024

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thats an impossible question to answer.

It will give you hundreds more links (because many sites index DMOZ listings) and will increase your pagerank. However, the value it adds to your site depends on many factors and just because you have a higher pagerank or more links does not mean your site will be worth more to a potential buyer.

Luc

Old school
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
it's between $0 and $1 zillion million trillion billion

DNFreek

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
was just wondering caz my first ever one month old site just got lsited at dmoz and some one told me it will raise ur sites value once it gets dmoz listed
its predicted PR4 though (as its less then 1 month old site) and alreayd made me 20$ via adsense thats why i asked the experts here what effect it will make so i dont under sell the site if i wish to

Luc

Old school
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
none of my sites ever became dmoz listed, all have a PR of at least 4 and i've never actually cared much for dmoz listings when buying domains. SEOs might look at it differently, but i don't think it would raise the value by anything significant, maybe $10-$25.

DNFreek

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
thats more like it!!!
But what i have seen in sales section at different forums its more then 10-25$
would be great if a SEO's (a real one) can shed some light on this

spiderden

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
A few years back getting in dmoz really helped you with google, now days I don't think it matters much at all, but it is another link to you and every 1 helps and as stated above a lot of the smaller directories like to use dmoz's listings so yes it is a plus.

If I buy a site it is going to be based on content, backlinks and the value of the backilinks. Is your best backlinks pr4's or 8's and how many of each? That will increase the value of a site faster than dmoz.

The fastest way to bump up your pr is to get high pr sites to link to you but if you don't have the content to go with it, it is a waste of time and money.

I would not put a lot of faith in the pr4 in the first month, google is weird with new sites... it is going to bounce from a 0 to 4 back to 0 again just enough to drive you nuts. When it goes to 0 again don't run and change everything just wait them out as it will be back at a 4 soon.

Not an expert... just been around the block a time or two

SouthernTn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GT Web said:
just because you have a higher pagerank or more links does not mean your site will be worth more to a potential buyer.

Alot of people buy based on PR and links. So, to some it could be worth more to them, but not all.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Right, if the person is buying based on revenue, it wont impact it (at least in the short term), but if they are buying on PR, it will raise the value.

DNFreek - Its kind of a pointless question, try selling your site that just got DMOZ listed and you tell us if you think it raised the site's value and if so, by how much.

spiderden

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DogFaceBoy said:
I find that if your PR increases, your traffic will increase. The more traffic, the more revenue, etc. It is good to be listed overall, although I havn't ever been listed. 700th post.

Hello, it don't quite work that way for me, I have had pr7's with no traffic and a pr0 that gets pounded. Getting listed is easy, traffic is harder, getting them to click on something is almost a nightmare.

The pr6 we are working on now gets unreal traffic http://www.gotlinks.com

spiderden

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DogFaceBoy said:
Did you PR7's have content? As long as your PR gets higher and you have content, you surely will get more traffic.

No, they were more for sales than content. Some sites we do have no content as in the one I posted last it requires users more than anything. You can search for anything link exchange in google and find gotlinks right at the top. There is no content there as in 100's or 1000's of pages.

snicksnack

DomainersChoice.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I tried a couple of times to get listed, but never got listed ;-(
I think is a nice to have addon.

petertdavis

Don't be afraid to see...
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In my opinion, very little for just the fact of it being in DMOZ. It's really what you do with the listing that counts. If the DMOZ listing is an example of your overall successful marketing plan for the site then great, $$$. If you signed on last week as an editor in the ODP just for the purpose of listing your own domain, then the listing is not worth a whole lot as it might get delisted shortly after you sold it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom