Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

'Ello, 'ello, 'ello....

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyO

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm Andy, I'm 28, and from Sydney, Australia.

I've been toying around with computers for as long as I can remember, starting with most prized possession at the time, an Amiga 500 (with a memory expansion module!). My first 'online' experience was through a local BBS, and then CompuServe before they provided WWW access. After switching to a real ISP, I started to teach myself basic coding by reading scripts and pages I liked, and working out how they ran by removing parts and seeing what broke.

My first domain purchase was back in 1998/1999 if I remember correctly, when I was back in high school and reselling Communitech.Net web hosting. During my final two years of high school I also coded and ran an automated web based mobile phone logo business that revolved around pre-paid vouchers (for those old Nokias that could display logos in place of the cellular network name) and built gaming orientated computers for the new breed of nerds hooked on counterstrike.

Up till a year ago I had about 400 domains I was parking and flipping here and there, however after revenues started to decline, I whittled it down to about 120, developed a few and sold them off, and have about 100 left. I still buy, develop and flip domains on a smaller scale.

I've been on other forums for a while but never really checked this one out, as for some reason I always thought it was an invite only place! I finally registered after seeing a post by Morgan Linton on Adam Dicker's Domain Course.

I'd never heard of the term 'pay it forward' till a few years ago when some friends and I entered the Newcastle Shoot Out film festival. One of the guys threw the idea up in the air, and we ended up making a short film called 'Bad guys, good deeds' - Basically us running around in horror masks and black academic robes trying to pay it forward. We were doing all sorts of random stuff, feeding parking meters, loading vending machines with coins so the next person could get an item for free, buying a bunch of rubber duckies and giving them to children playing in a public pool, giving dogs in an open leash park food and water on a hot day etc, and hoping the next person would pay it forward to someone else. It was great fun to do, and I've loved the concept ever since then.

While I'm learning all I can on here, if I can provide some sort of value on here that someone else can benefit from, or pay it forward in some way shape or form like Adam is doing, I'll be happy :)

Last edited:

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Andy! I'm an old Amiga-user (still using my old A1200 occasionally) myself and I also used to run a BBS back in the days, so I definitely remember that era. :) Those were the days..

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Welcome on board :)

AndyO

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys! :)

Welcome to the forum Andy! I'm an old Amiga-user (still using my old A1200 occasionally) myself and I also used to run a BBS back in the days, so I definitely remember that era. :) Those were the days..

I wish I kept mine, like my first car it was one of the things I regretted selling a couple of years down the track :(

Hi Andy! :)

Looks like you have know about domains for awhile now!

Continued Success for You!

And to you too! I've dabbled with domains for a while, but know nowhere near as much as the guys on here :)

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I wish I had the same foresight in domaining there were still decent domains to be regged back in highschool. Out of curiosity which BBS did you use? I was also using BBS back in the day I think it was called Asgard BBS and we actually had a BBS meetup. You would think the party would have been filled with a bunch of geeks but there were two really good sorts lol. If you haven't already you may want to check out this doc bbsdocumentary.com I just found out about it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom