Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Email forwarding and domain resale?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Curious I recently was asked by a seller to continue to forward them their email ( 2 addresses ) that use the domain name if I were to buy it. For example: The domain is ddddd.com so their address is Jimmy @ddddd.com

Does anyone see a potential down side at all or if I were to resale the domain down the road, the new owner could continue to do so no ? I just want to keep my promise.

Domain Days 2024

tm3500

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, that happens every now and then and it might affect the value when you resell down the road. I'd negotiate limiting the forwarding period to 6 to 12 months so they can change their email address with all services they use and inform all their contacts. If everything else fails, offer to pay a bit extra for them to change their address, but don't agree to an open-ended forwarding deal.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your advice :)

Well I guess it isnt so bad. I mean the new owner just needs to add an email to the account that forwards to another, I means its even free. No skin off anyones back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom