Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Email from China

VfV

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello, i'm continuing receive emails from china people interested to acquire a 4 letter domain i have. But i don't understand if they are really interested, because one time i asked for starting the escrow transaction and he didn't done.

VfV

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
But why they send these email? What's the purpose?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
To annoy, sometimes to make money. Here's a parody approach of the issue.

NameYourself

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Because there are only <500,000 LLLL.coms in existence and they are a hot commodity in the Chinese market right now. If you have any 4L.com at all, then you are more than likely to get these emails as they probably just send them to everybody with an LLLL.com. I believe there is real intent to buy but when email blasting at first they don't consider the individual name or quality at that point. Also if/when a deal is potentially reached there are the issues of making payment internationally along with language barriers, etc.. which can all make it more difficult to close.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
The QJXZ domains can't seriously be put in the same bag with the rest of the letters. These offers from Chinese spammers are for $200 to $400 max. I've sold LLLL .com for thousands of dollars and anyone who treats good letters the same as the junk ones needs a good SOTK (spanking over the knee.)

Domainator

DotAgent
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
These are the emails they are coming from:
[email protected]
[email protected]
Consider them spammers and bullshit artists. They will never go through with a transaction so don't waste your time. They would be great fun in a "Turkey shoot" :)

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Yeah, these are definitely emails I've also received. The IPs vary, from Hong Kong to other parts of China.

mark

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Same here. If I could reply back with the words "mucho dinero" in Chinese, I would.....:)

azanmi

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have been ignoring them and they keep upping the price.. not by much though. Yesterday's offer for MPSM dotcom was $550

thejosh

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree that there are a lot of spammers from China, but there are plenty from right here in the USA. Truth is that there are many, many low ballers right here on this forum.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom