Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Email from NetandHost

Status
Not open for further replies.

chriswalton74

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This morning I received an email from a company called NetandHost.com. This is a company that I have never dealt with, ever! and have never even heard of!
As you can see from the email (copy below) they are saying that one of my domain names 'has' expired in June 06, even though it is not even 2006 yet!
The email also mentions 'Nest' will cease to exist in November..... can anyone tell me what this means?
This to me looks like an attempt to try and get me to switch my domain over to them by providing false or misleading information.
Can anyone shed any light on this company and also let me know if they are reputable? My domain (cannon.co.in) is registered with domaindiscount24.com, so I don't know why NetandHost.com would be contacting me about it or how they got my details!

Here is the email......

Greetings from NetAndHost.com,
Dear Sir,
This is to inform you that your domain cannon.co.in has expired on June 03rd 2006.As you are aware all co.in domains earlier were being registered with NEST. NEST will cease to exist from November 30th 2005. Hence these domains have to be transferred to an authorized .IN Registrar. Since SGS is registrar for .IN domains we suggest you to Renew your domain with us for a period of 5 years by paying Rest.1,750/-. Favoring SGS Technologie Pvt Ltd.
You are requested to send the authorization code of your domain which you will be receiving from NEST/NIXA.
I hereby furnished our latest web hosting plans & mail plans.
Web Hosting Plans

50 MB Windows Hosting 10 Email ID’s with 250 MB Storage Rest 1,299/-up.a

100 MB Windows Hosting 20 Email ID’s with 500 MB Storage Rest 2,299/-up.a

300 MB Windows Hosting 30 Email ID’s with 1 GB Storage Rest 3,499/-up.a

Email Plans
1 GB storage with 10 Email ID’s Rest 1,299/-up.a
2 GB storage with 20 Email ID’s Rest 2,299/-up.a
5 GB storage with 50 Email ID’s Rest 5,999/-up.a

Looking forward to hear from you at the earliest.

Yours truly
For SGS Technologie Pvt Ltd

I.radiant

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
chriswalton74 said:
This morning I received an email from a company called NetandHost.com. This is a company that I have never dealt with, ever! and have never even heard of!
As you can see from the email (copy below) they are saying that one of my domain names 'has' expired in June 06, even though it is not even 2006 yet!
The email also mentions 'Nest' will cease to exist in November..... can anyone tell me what this means?
This to me looks like an attempt to try and get me to switch my domain over to them by providing false or misleading information.
Can anyone shed any light on this company and also let me know if they are reputable? My domain (cannon.co.in) is registered with domaindiscount24.com, so I don't know why NetandHost.com would be contacting me about it or how they got my details!

Here is the email......

Greetings from NetAndHost.com,
Dear Sir,
This is to inform you that your domain cannon.co.in has expired on June 03rd 2006.As you are aware all co.in domains earlier were being registered with NEST. NEST will cease to exist from November 30th 2005. Hence these domains have to be transferred to an authorized .IN Registrar. Since SGS is registrar for .IN domains we suggest you to Renew your domain with us for a period of 5 years by paying Rest.1,750/-. Favoring SGS Technologie Pvt Ltd.
You are requested to send the authorization code of your domain which you will be receiving from NEST/NIXA.
I hereby furnished our latest web hosting plans & mail plans.
Web Hosting Plans

50 MB Windows Hosting 10 Email ID’s with 250 MB Storage Rest 1,299/-up.a

100 MB Windows Hosting 20 Email ID’s with 500 MB Storage Rest 2,299/-up.a

300 MB Windows Hosting 30 Email ID’s with 1 GB Storage Rest 3,499/-up.a

Email Plans
1 GB storage with 10 Email ID’s Rest 1,299/-up.a
2 GB storage with 20 Email ID’s Rest 2,299/-up.a
5 GB storage with 50 Email ID’s Rest 5,999/-up.a

Looking forward to hear from you at the earliest.

Yours truly
For SGS Technologie Pvt Ltd

I.radiant

Yes its a scam , listen to nothing except directly from your registrar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom