Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Email from Sedo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
This week we’re beginning to transition to a new feed at our advertising provider, Google, which will have an effect on both the CTR and EPC of many keywords.

Although this change might result in dramatic fluctuations during the transition period over the next few weeks, thorough testing has shown that the new feed will ultimately generate higher earnings. However, as both CTR and EPCs will be affected by the feed change, your top performing domains may not be the same as they are currently. Some domains may even earn less, but please don’t panic-our overall payout rate is actually increasing, so once your keywords have been adjusted, your overall portfolio should be earning even more than it is today.

How worse can it get? Already my revenue is at 60% of a few months ago.

Then I visit a music site with industry-specific keywords (to which the paying rates have been halfed) and I see as the top link:

"Be a Sexy Bride" Drop 1 Dress Size Every 7 Days. The Tea that Melts Away Bodyfat!

...and

Looking for a Soulmate? Serious site for mature individuals looking to find the right one. True.com

How much lower will it go, before it gets any better?

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am 70% down, the change came Aug 8th. What feed they use ? Its neither Yahoo nor Google...

S

SedoCoUk

Hi Theo,

I just looked into your account to make sure everything was OK. It actually appears your EPC (for your entire account) more than tripled overnight.

Because the purpose of the email was to let our clients know that optimization will be called for with the new advertising feed, once you do optimize your keywords, you should see even better results.

The new ad feed will really reward domains with specific keywords, so please keep that in mind when optimizing. There'll be a new post about that soon!

Kind regards,

Brad
[email protected]

How worse can it get? Already my revenue is at 60% of a few months ago.

Then I visit a music site with industry-specific keywords (to which the paying rates have been halfed) and I see as the top link:

"Be a Sexy Bride" Drop 1 Dress Size Every 7 Days. The Tea that Melts Away Bodyfat!

...and

Looking for a Soulmate? Serious site for mature individuals looking to find the right one. True.com

How much lower will it go, before it gets any better?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Hello Brad,

With a 700-domain portfolio, I optimize each domain "by hand" despite the tediousness of the task.

Not sure where you see a "tripling" of EPC as the revenue is at the same sub-par levels (e.g. my top domain's at 1/2 of what it used to make) but since those changes occured overnight (?) I will give it another 48 hours.

If I'm swept off my feet it'd be noted here as well ;-)

SIdomains

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm down 70% across the board in one day.

I have a group of names that have been in the .90 to .65 per click range for months. In one day they went to 17 cents per click.

Another large group of names has held steady at .30 to .25 for months. Overnight they are now earning 7 cents per click.

I have always beenhappy with Sedo and have been with them for a long time. The email says it may take 3 weeks. In 3 weeks I'll lose many thousands of dollars.

S

SedoCoUk

Hi SIDomains,

We certainly don't want you losing many thousands of dollars. But, like we said, this is a new system. Optimization will be crucial. In most cases, there are lots of opportunities to increase your earnings (and all the changes in regards to parking will take place over the course of a few weeks, not necessarily overnight).

Please send me your Sedo Login name so I can optimize your account. Alternatively, send an email to your account manager. Of course, if no optimization is done, then yes, you stand the risk of making less per click. But hey, we're here to help make sure you are earning more.

Kind regards,

Brad
[email protected]

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Haven't seen any improvement by me.

SIdomains

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Brad,

I certainly have the domains optimized.

If you check my top performing names you'll see that I am not exaggerating in my post. My top domain was averaging 40% CTR at $0.91/click and since midnight has dropped to $0.16.

It has been in the .90 to .65 range for months on end.

My large portfolio of adult names has seen the same type of drastic dropoff in CPC (not CTR) since yesterday.

I sent you my account name in email. Thanks for looking into it.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
My revenue was exactly doubled today. I haven't seen the full details but it seems that it's as simple as increasing the PPC. While the result is satisfactory, it makes me think it's another temporary fix - so will observe carefully before coming to conclusions.

WeBuyThe.Com

WE BUY DOMAINS
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I may be mistaken here but it appears that Sedo has converted all accounts to Sedo Pro. Today's revenue is double yesterdays and I was not a Sedo Pro member so perhaps the biggest increase will be seen from similar users. Can any other non sedo pro members comment on any performance changes?

Thanks!

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
It's as simple as this: if tomorrow's revenue drops to 1/2 of today's I will cry "foul" :-D

Chacal

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don´t have sedo pro membership, and don´t have enough time to optimize my domains, but my earnings are up. Propably it is time to optimize them.

pc2buy

Level 1
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i saw mine down 40% in one day.... if sedo could have switch that could let user toggle back to original status.. .. ha..ha..

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My earnings for Thursday were more than double.
The thing is most of my best domains earnings didn't change. The increase seems to be from domains getting 1-5 clicks/day. They are earning way more per click than ever before.
Anyway I hope it sticks. Definitely happy about it right now.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Thursday = x
Friday = 2x
Saturday = 80% of 2x

Therefore, not that great. Looking for STABILITY. Will see how it goes next week. Not too pleased with the drop in PPC for my top domains. Makes no sense to me that the busiest domains dropped.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Theo, why haven't you moved your names out of SEDO with the problems you always have :) Not to say your threads are humerous.

Ian

DNF Exclusive
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i have seen some improvement since the new changes at sedo. my CTR has improved from below 10% to 15%

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom