Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

EMAIL with Profanity

Status
Not open for further replies.

111media

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am curious. I have been getting email with profanity in it from a website called www.michaelmoore.com and am wondering if I have to continue to just accept this email or do I have options to try and get this profanity stopped?

The profanity is essentially 'F-you A-hole', but I have edited it for the forum.

I am receiving the email on my www.republicans.cc black hole. This is a site that I do not advertise and do not update. It is basically just for sale.

Thank you for any help or advice you can provide.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Block the sender?

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Setup an autoresponder on the domain with an appropriate reply LOL!

Ron

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is a site that I do not advertise and do not update. It is basically just for sale.

...especially with the "new and improved" traffic figures.

Look up "Joe Job".

Peace

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
111media said:
I am curious. I have been getting email with profanity in it from a website called www.michaelmoore.com

I dont think it is really from that website...As John mentioned it may be a "Joe Job"

111media said:
I am receiving the email on my www.republicans.cc black hole. This is a site that I do not advertise and do not update. It is basically just for sale.

Your website makes a political statement...not just for sale as you have mentioned...that may be the reason they (who ever they are) targeted you.

111media

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
marketscript said:
I dont think it is really from that website...As John mentioned it may be a "Joe Job"

Your website makes a political statement...not just for sale as you have mentioned...that may be the reason they (who ever they are) targeted you.

Yes, it does make a political statement, but I am not advertising the site to anyone nor do I force anyone to look at the contents. I am not even sure how someone FOUND the site to be honest, lol.

However, regardless of the reason, I still thought it was against the law for someone to send, unsolicited, profanity laced email to me.

Thank you for all of the suggestions so far. I guess if I am going to be a webmaster and develop sites, I just need to get used to people sending these types of email to me. Although, I was hoping it wouldn't start until I actually DEVELOPED something, lol.

Thanks again! :)

gph

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The originator is no doubt spoofing michaelmoore.com - happens all the time.

gph

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom