Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Emailing passwords!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why do companies insist on emailling your login details and password when you register at their site?
I have just registered with a major co.uk company website to purchase some computer parts and back came the email - login and password! :veryangry :mad: :huh:

Kevin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Roger,

E-mailing the login and password in that manner certainly does defy basic online security measures (as well as common sense).

I can only imagine the number of accounts that have been compromised because of such procedures.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GodBlessYou said:
to activate it? Prob just like what Kevin said its for security measures.

No - the account was activated and a purchase made then they email me the login and password that I had provided! :-O

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For convenience - many people forget their username/password and thus most are glad to have the ability to recover (and/or be occasionally reminded) their login details via email.

Ron

Nova

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm glad someone spoke up about this. How about when they send a link straight to your invoice, too?

petertdavis

Don't be afraid to see...
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've been getting passwords email for years, no problem yet. What sorts of issues do you think could happen, orther than a hacker getting control of the server?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom