Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Complete Emails were bouncing, so we switched the server

Greetings DNForum Community,

Hope you are having a great day.""

I would like to share with you the story of 'the mail server' and the issues we were going through while handling it.

This story started months ago when we began sending mail from a dedicated mail server for DNForum and AcornDomains. We bought VPSs and used them as an SMTP relay server. However, the limitation of the VPS provider (unavailability of IPV6 reverse DNS) became an apparent problem when we faced a high rate of bounces on our server. Another issue was that the emails were slow, and some important emails such as email verification/ password reset were not reaching people in time.

We also tried a dedicated server after that. Using Proxmox (Freemium Virtual Environment), we separated the server into multiple instances of VPS, each with its own SMTP relay server. That didn't go as planned and the outcome was a slower SMTP server with a better bounce rate. We couldn't settle on that and immediately switched back to the previous VPSs.

Then we decided to make a switch to SES(Simple Email Service) from AWS. This was the response:

View attachment 4492

After getting rejected by Amazon for that "specific detail", we recently decided to give our old friend (I'm referring to the dedicated server here, obviously) a second try, this time with Virtualizor (a Paid Virtual Environment by Softaculous). The aftermath is that the performance is great till now and the bounces are lesser, even! Let's not foreshadow and wait for a month. Also, tell me your experience with the mail system, and what improvements can be made to our mail service.

Have a wonderful day.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom