Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

End.net - sold for only $2,250 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Domainx09

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
End.net

Just noticed this sale on sedo, seems way too cheap, what do you think this domain is worth?

3 character, 1 word, .net

tristanperry

Domainer & Web/Software Dev
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's not an absolutely gem or something that would be simple to develop (like toys.net etc), however it's still pretty nice and I'd definitely would have valued it at higher than $2,250 - must be the recession.

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A super bargain.

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Possibly good sale as there is not a lot of scope to use the domain.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Maybe just stolen domain ?

22.6. name was still owned by end.com owner, maybe he sold it, maybe not, maybe someone could try to contact him to verify ?
James Speth
speth at end.com
415-290-8525 (SFO)

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Dig end.com MX record gives me that the email is set at gmail so it might be Gmail account hack in that case does not make sense to ask via email...someone call this guy pls, I can't my accent is so thick he would think I am a scammer

Domainx09

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments and I doubt the domain was stolen just sold very low. This thread is not a discussion about sedo so it is now in the completely wrong area of the forum.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments and I doubt the domain was stolen just sold very low. This thread is not a discussion about sedo so it is now in the completely wrong area of the forum.

the domain was sold at sedo, so seems like the perfect place.

also, if you or others think the price was so low, then why didn't you put your money up?

and grab a steal.

imo...

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
if you or others think the price was so low, then why didn't you put your money up?
So you saying eveyrone should go to Sedo and lowball thousands of domains in hope one of them will sell ?

nameadvertising.com

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I try much as I can not to comment, but then I gotta speak my mind. And I say this from experience. And very successfully at that. The time has come where domains should be sold on basis of a worthy business plan. Those who spend hundreds of thousands of dollars or euros for that matter, based on valuing domain as if it is some piece of an antique are ruing their decisions.

A domain name can never be like wine no matter how many so called experts insinuate it to be. Once you are at the top rung of the end user ladder, you are stuck with the name with no potential buyer to profit from unless one launches a bona-fide online business with a sound monetizing plan.

Even Business.com launched a credible business to be able to end up making a resounding profit. Domain names will not forever go up in valuations as some idiots forecast it to be. In fact, those very loud mouths are barely tracking back the useless fluff and hype they screamed about domain valuations less than a year or two ago.

I am a freaking no name guy, so those idiots at trade shows, news magazine and blogs will always have a louder voice and most folks like fools will listen to them. They offer suggestions and pointers to newbies based on the portfolio they own. There is a total disconnect, which newbies clearly do not understand.

All I can say to the next generation of domainers is this. Own a portfolio of names which have a realistic chance of being launched as a money making online business for an end user or a corporation. I changed my domaining philosophy to this model and have never looked back since.

If one starts now, chances are that in a 2-5 years or even soooner, they will see their rewards. Else, you can always read domainer blogs, attend shows and follow the direction they want you to proceed.

Time flies and you are always wondering about your unrealized success.

No matter what price end.net sold for, what are the chances it will end up as some form of a genuine online business model? Most likely - Zero! It will be sold like an antique piece to another domainer or ignorant end user as a collectible. This will continue till its value is so inflated, the last buyer will hang on to it like a piece of bad fruit.

Those who relate domain names as real estate don't tell you that buying names based on hyped up domain trends is like buying real estate on the moon. You can claim ownership to it, but don't stand a chance building anything on it.

End.net got more than its fair share.

Domainx09

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree the three character trend is way over-hyped speculation, but it seems to be mostly the more established domainers that are involved in that (random 3 character names in various extensions) and not the newbies. One word 3/+ character names will always hold extra value in my opinion.

Last edited:

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So you saying eveyrone should go to Sedo and lowball thousands of domains in hope one of them will sell ?

no that is not what i'm implying.

it's very easy to sit back and say this name or that name's final selling price was too low or too high, after the fact.

i'm saying if you're watching these auctions and you think a good name will be sold for less than you think it's worth, then why aren't you bidding on it?
(not you specifically)

maybe because there is no creative thinking

if the buyer where to brand it as www.the.end.net or www.fri.end.net and blew the site up, then what....

carledgar

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
End.net

Just noticed this sale on sedo, seems way too cheap, what do you think this domain is worth?

3 character, 1 word, .net

Would be a nice name for a site by any of the myriad Jeremiahs who are certain that civilisation as we know it is doomed - incl. sects which suggest that the end times are nigh and the elect will be miraculously reconstituted from the grave (of course they might be right but - What, me worry?)

just a thought on a late Friday PM

Carl

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Chris Desouza, great points, always refreshing to see some posted on the forum...everyone reading this do yourself a favor and read his again.

DNP

Trust & Reliability
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
better deal for a buyer then for a seller! 100%

Domainx09

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
"Would be a nice name for a site by any of the myriad Jeremiahs who are certain that civilisation as we know it is doomed - incl. sects which suggest that the end times are nigh and the elect will be miraculously reconstituted from the grave (of course they might be right but - What, me worry?)"

That's what I was thinking, also would be an ideal domain for a site about the end of the internet.

Thanks all for the feedback, I think it was a bargain to whoever bought it.

DomainMagnate

Domain Magnate™
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
All I can say to the next generation of domainers is this. Own a portfolio of names which have a realistic chance of being launched as a money making online business for an end user or a corporation. I changed my domaining philosophy to this model and have never looked back since.

If one starts now, chances are that in a 2-5 years or even soooner, they will see their rewards. Else, you can always read domainer blogs, attend shows and follow the direction they want you to proceed.

Good points Chris, worthy of a quote!

sundari

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It is a good bargain for the buyer and a LOSS for the seller.

sundari.:cheesy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom