Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

End User Domain Video- What Would You Like To See?

Daniel Levi

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

While doing outbound, I have noticed the number of visitors to my domains always shoots up. So, I decided to make a video explaining the value of domains to end users for 2 categories:

1) Geo+Service domains
2) Generic keyword domains

What key points would make the videos more effective?

I'd love to hear your thoughts on the video content, thank you :)

Domain summit 2024

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
explain the value to me, first

Daniel Levi

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
explain the value to me, first

In short:

- Easier ranking on Google and other search engines
- Pre made conception/credibility based on the domain
- More clicks and customer conversions once on the first page
- Direct navigation/type in traffic
- Eliminates competition from using the domain against you
- Option for forwarding to an existing website

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In short:

- Easier ranking on Google and other search engines
- Pre made conception/credibility based on the domain
- More clicks and customer conversions once on the first page
- Direct navigation/type in traffic
- Eliminates competition from using the domain against you
- Option for forwarding to an existing website

it's possible, those values can be attributed to certain domains, but not geo domains in general

as it looks like the same standard wording, that comes with a variety of domain solicitations I've received.

and only the last of those points, is the only true statement. while the rest is pure speculation, unless the domain has inherent traffic.

imo...

Daniel Levi

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It has been proven that using an EMD in the caption on top in Google does provide better conversion rates than non EMD assets . For example, Beep.com.au switched to CarLoans.com.au and the domain alone skyrocketed their profits because people were more comfortable clicking it.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It has been proven that using an EMD in the caption on top in Google does provide better conversion rates than non EMD assets . For example, Beep.com.au switched to CarLoans.com.au and the domain alone skyrocketed their profits because people were more comfortable clicking it.

since you, don't own those domains specifically, then you, can't illustrate the same point with the domains you may submit in your solicitation.

as those examples may have "type-in" traffic which is an "inherent value", ....which I stated as an exception in previous post.

additionally, the visitor to "beep", will have entirely different expectations than visitor to "car loans".
therefore, in that scenario, ability to meet expectations drove conversions.

consider: how many "horns, party favors, ringtones or things that go beep" could be sold on "beep.com.au" versus being sold on "carloan.com.au"?

imo....

Daniel Levi

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You're right about this

"consider: how many "horns, party favors, ringtones or things that go beep" could be sold on "beep.com.au" versus being sold on "carloan.com.au"?"

This is the reason EMDs matter, so many companies are using non relevant domains to their purpose. Good EMDs get type in traffic as well, and one customer in the dental field for example can pay off the domain investment right away.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
before Google was top se, for domainers to source, Yahoo was king, and we had type-in traffic then.

so from that perspective, I think you and many others, are too fixated on, or influenced by, the emd acronym.
as type-in traffic domains existed before, the origination of that term.

not saying you can't use it, as language within content, but the term has become so generalized, that it's often "attributed" to domains that don't apply.

imo...

URLtrader

Domain Champ
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How to decide the asking price and justify it.

Daniel Levi

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So Biggie, based on this, what power do you personally think domains provide to end users (specifically geo+service)? What would you include in a video?

before Google was top se, for domainers to source, Yahoo was king, and we had type-in traffic then.

so from that perspective, I think you and many others, are too fixated on, or influenced by, the emd acronym.
as type-in traffic domains existed before, the origination of that term.

not saying you can't use it, as language within content, but the term has become so generalized, that it's often "attributed" to domains that don't apply.

imo...

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So Biggie, based on this, what power do you personally think domains provide to end users (specifically geo+service)? What would you include in a video?

you should ask yourself first:
what power domains have provided to you?

the communication to a potential should be forthright, truthful, and factual. where there are no misrepresentations of a particular domain or domains in general.
if/when you have a domain that has some proven consistent traffic, then that can easily be conveyed to a prospective, or simply state the domain is being sold, as is, where no metrics are provided.

but I would not produce a video, as it's for the "general audience".

since each domain is different, then each solicitation should be unique.

writing a letter is still more effective.

imo...

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators