Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

End User is requesting documentation - please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CupOfTea

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I have agreed on a price with my buyer. He has requested that I provide the following:

• Official documentation that you I own the domain
  • Documentation showing that I have the right to sell it
  • Provide a draft agreement that I am willing to sell all rights and ownership for this price

Should I provide this, if so where can I find templates? Or shall I suggest that this doesn't need to be done and we should just use escrow only?

Thanks!

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Official documentation? Sounds a bit fishy to me. I'd stick with Escrow.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have agreed on a price with my buyer. He has requested that I provide the following:

• Official documentation that you I own the domain
  • Documentation showing that I have the right to sell it
  • Provide a draft agreement that I am willing to sell all rights and ownership for this price

Should I provide this, if so where can I find templates? Or shall I suggest that this doesn't need to be done and we should just use escrow only?

Thanks!

Hi

often a buyer may ask for some type of documentation that spells out the agreement and or process.

i've copied one, which you can alter to your taste

Domain Name Purchase Agreement

The current owner of the domain name identified below (hereinafter referred to as “Seller”) desires to sell all rights, title and interest in such domain name to the Purchaser, and the Purchaser desires to acquire same rights, title and interest in such domain name from the Seller. Therefore, it is agreed between the parties as follows:

1. The domain name to be transferred from the Seller to the Purchaser is ______________________ (referred to sometimes herein as “domain name.”)

2. The Seller agrees to transfer to the Purchaser all right, title and interest in and to the identified domain name, including any trademark rights associated with the domain name itself and all Internet traffic to the domain name. Notwithstanding, this Agreement does not relate to any Website content, which shall remain the property of the Seller.

3. As consideration for the sale of the domain name the Purchaser promised to pay the Seller the amount of __________________. This sum shall be paid within three (3) business days from the date this Agreement becomes effective. In the event that payment is not timely received this Agreement may be cancelled by the Seller at the Seller’s sole discretion.

4. After receipt of full payment for the domain name, the Seller will within two (2) business days take the necessary actions required to change the registered ownership of the Domain Name.

5. Nothing in this Agreement shall be construed to in any way limit the right of the Seller to purchase, own, create and/or maintain another Website.

6. This Agreement states the entire agreement between the parties concerning the purchase and sale of the identified domain name and supersedes any prior agreements, understandings, or representations with respect thereto. Any addition or modification to this Agreement must be made in writing and signed by authorized representatives of both parties. This Agreement is made under and shall be construed according to the laws of the State of __________, U.S.A. In the event that this agreement is breached, any and all disputes must be settled in a court of competent jurisdiction in the State of __________, U.S.A.

7. If any of the provisions of this Agreement are found to be unenforceable, the remainder shall be enforced as fully as possible and the unenforceable provision(s) shall be deemed modified to the limited extent required to permit enforcement of the Agreement as a whole.

8. The effective date of this Agreement shall be the date signed by the parties. If the parties sign on different dates, the effective date shall be the date of the last signature.

WHEREFORE, the parties acknowledge that they have read and understand this Agreement and voluntarily accept the duties and obligations set forth herein.

Seller:

Name (Print or Type):

Company:

Title:

Address:

City, State & Zip:

Signature:

Date:

Purchaser:

Name (Print or Type):

Company:

Title:

Address:

City, State & Zip:

Signature:

Date:

source:

Written by Gene Quinn
President & Founder of IPWatchdog, Inc.
Patent Attorney, Reg. No. 44,294
Zies, Widerman & Malek
Posted: October 18, 2008 @ 3:40 pm

sedo also has an agreement listed:
http://www.sedo.com/us/about-us/policies/purchase-and-sale-agreement/

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom