Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

End users

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leviathan21

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I have been targeting some end users for some of my names. I came up with a nice email, and then tailored that to each site. For the emails I WHOISed the sites and companies, or found the webmasters on the pages.

I fired off the emails, and had a couple of responses, but nothing major. Am I missing something, as I'm finding it hard to have someone either reply, or just be interested.

Am I emailing the right people, doing this the right way? Assistance is appreciated.

L.

DavidJames

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah I've been having the same problems as you.

A couple pieces of advice that I read here about a week ago, be sure you're not using a free email account (gmail, msn, etc) because there is a chance that these emails could bounce into their junk mail.

Also, always follow up with a phone number so they can call you if interested.

Hope this helps...:)

dvestors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Can you honestly say that the names you are emailing are better than the ones these businesses/people already own? Would they really benefit from owning it? If you send names that are of lesser quality than theirs, 9 times out of 10, you're wasting time. Stick to names that are better than theirs and contain the same keywords. You will make sales - a lot of sales. Sure sending an email to a computer parts store about motherboards,org might work occasionally, but if you want faster sales stick to this method.

Leviathan21

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Some good advice. Thanks Mike, Dave and Dvestors.

Where do you guys think is the best place to sell? So far using: Afternic, Sedo, DNForum and Namepros. Anymore places where you have made sales?

L.

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Generally, it does take a lot more footwork, time and persistence to sell to end users than it does resellers. I've heard from the bigger players to wait until the end users come to you.

Tia Wood

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Generally, it does take a lot more footwork, time and persistence to sell to end users than it does resellers. I've heard from the bigger players to wait until the end users come to you.

Tia Wood

I tend to disagree with the "wait till they come to you" advice. If you are actively looking for sales of course it is better to seek end users. Usually the people who give advice to the contrary are not in any hurry to sell domains, and have a laidback attitude and don't want the money.

I have found it very hard to generate any interest even when I am marketing a .com to .org owner etc... It can be hard even getting a response from end users especially considering the amount of bounced emails and outdated contact info.

There is alot of money to be made in end user sales, but it does take alot of time. I have not spent that much effort, with minimal results so far. I think it is easier when you find a method that works and start getting some activity. The major factor is motivation and putting more time and work into it.

Giode

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree with Thevirtual. Taking initiative will almost always pay off. I also agree with dvestors, in that the name needs to fill a perceived need of the business.

Approaching end-users works. Like everything else in business, the law of averages needs to be realized. Very few people will respond, and you will be frustrated and convince yourself it does not work. This is when most quit. If you feel good about the name you own (and it is truly premium and generic), don't stop there. It only takes one motivated business owner to create a big payday.

I have sold two premium names contacting business owners through email. Mind you I was using a free email account in both instances. One sale took place after I sent only 20 emails, and for the other I had to send 150(ish). What matters is that the work payed off and the value I was able to get was substantially more than what a reseller would be willing to pay.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom